SAU Community

Carmate.com Any Good?

ive been searching for body kits and it seems carmate are the only ones who supply em. i dont know much about em so i wanted to ask has anyone had exp with em? are they good or should i stay away form them?

also if anyone knows where i can get the Do-luck body kit or top secret one for the r34 gtt. that be great.

thanks

Edited by anjoO

People say the Carmate kits r shit and have trouble with fitting

i bought a TRD front bar from them but yet to put it on as im about to spray the clear to finish it off

So hopefully it fits on properly. When i was in sydney i went into carmate and they r quite big with a wide range of body parts that others dont have. They were quite friendly and knew there shit

On another note some people i know that ordered kits from carmate have said its taken them like 2-3 weeks to receive goods

they're idiots.

type in carmate in the search thingo and you'll see alot of posts of me bagging them out.

i think the only reason they're nice to interstate buyers is they cant see the producs quality beforehand.

they dont know what customer service is either.

the only reason i ever go in is seeing whats new so i can get it from somewhere else.

jetspeed have better customer service (which still isnt saying much), their bars could do with a bit more material but at least they fit.

but jetspeed aint got jack all in variety. i want kits for the r34 and they only have the one most used body out there...the stupid Cwest.

like i said if u can find me a place that sells the DO luck or TS. id check em out

lmao @ customer service at Jetspeed here in Melb. As soon as u walk in the store the stupid asain bitch greases u off and doesnt say a 2 word sentance

lucky for me i organised my own transport for the front bar and came down same day

also the front bar i got was already primed, thought u might wanna know that

at the moment ive sanded my front bar, sprayed it though its still rough and has a matty finish so i need to sand it with fine sandpaper and spray the clear to get the glossy finish

Last year i ordered a carbon fibre bonnet off them for my old r33. It did take 3-4 weeks(maybe longer) to arrive, but for the price the quality was excellent. Fit perfectly and was exactly what i paid for.

I have a mate that got a front bar however, and it didnt fit properly and had to get it trimmed. So i guess it may be a hit and miss thing. If i were you i'd invest my money somewhere where you can be sure what you get i what you pay for

A friend bought a full veilside kit from carmate.

The rear bar was not even the right shape for the car, the side splayed out and would not sit against the guards and when forced into shape the side was too short to wrap around into the rear wheel wells.

The front bar was completley the wrong shape with the whole top and front grill section twisted down it would not fit on the car.

J Racing in Canberra was doing the fitting and I had to go and inspect the trial fit for my friend as he was away for work.

According to the guys at J Racing this is not unusual for carmate and they told my friend that if he wants a carmate kit from them then he will have to get it himself as they will not deal with them (he got the kit himself and they were fitting it)

My friend went to alot of crap to get his money back.

I also saw a civic that was being done at the same time and the side skirts where about 6 inches too short for the car they had to be cut in the middle, fitted to the front and back and then filled up in the middle. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Which is a shame as I want to buy a carbon bonnet and they are the only place where I have seen the one I want. I may drive up to Sydney and see them in person and see what I can do.

I would go to a workshop that does body kits and show them the kit you want and they may have there own supplier and if something is wrong with the kit then it is their problem and not yours.

Sorry about the long reply.......... just trying to help LOL

try this guy out... he does do-luck.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71539

send him an email on [email protected]

gave em a email so just waiting on the reply. its so hard to find somewhere that will sell anything apart from Cwest and BMX....

if anyone knows where to get the DO luck kit that be great

I got a 400R front bar for my R33... There are millions of copies of these so obviously they have got them right by now.

It was delivered quickly (they had one in stock), and it fit perfectly..

I have heard some bad stories like the ones above though. The best option would be to get them to fit it for you, so they have to deal with the fitting issues. Get them to quote fitting beforehand though obviously.