SAU Community

240k On Ebay

coupe72001

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

or search for skyline in the nissan section.

Quite a funny ad actually, but the international interest is pretty amazing... does anyone know what shipping to the United Arab Emirates is worth? Here's your chance to find out.

Drew

Its advertised as having a leather interior... Is that a standard option? The buyers guide with this month's Unique Cars predicts that a 'condition 1' 240K coupe is worth $5,000... but the C210 coupe is only worth $3,700, and a lowly sedan like mine a mere $3,000. A bit of a discrepancy. Was wondering why the difference between the 240ks and the C210s, and if the Unique Cars numbers seem reasonable?

A common miss conception with the 240K is leather, this was not an option and it is most definatly vinyl. i belive the guy thinks that its just a rebadged c110 Skyline Gtr. however the 240k is not a gtr. the othe pics on the ebay page have been put there to confuse which i belive the seller is also confused! :

I don't think he is confused. He says that the other pictures (what great pictures they are, I might add :( ) are just "JUST TO SHOW YOU HOW GOOD THEY CAN GET".

The car was advertised on eBay a little while ago, and got pulled off without any explanation... well here it is! The guy bought it for $3000 and has spent money on it since. Now wants to get rid of it again... so who knows how it's still a "1-owner" car, but anyway, you would be hard pressed to find a better condition car. Very nice, I guess he thought he could make a little money out of it... we'll see!

Coupe72001, I think those prices are pretty reasonable. The difference is because C110's are more desirable.

The car was advertised on eBay a little while ago, and got pulled off without any explanation... well here it is!

Guess what? He's done it again! With only hours left in the auction, and the price stuck at $2550, he's pulled it due to "an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount".

But it gets better, people...

It has now been relisted with a starting bid of $0.01 and a "Buy It Now" price of $12,000!

... I guess he thought he could make a little money out of it...

Just a little, yeah. :thumbsup:

I don't think he is confused.

I am starting to question that... :)

Can't even contact the jerk and roast him anymore, unless it's directly concerned with a current auction ebay have blocked contact with other members, or at least thats how I found it yesterday.

The plot thickens! The highest bid was $3,500 and he still cancelled the auction at the 11th hour. I would have guessed that he cancelled the auction upon receiving a good cash offer other than that the car has been re-advertised!

Hi Lachlan. I have pieced together that the 240K’s are clearly the more desired (and valuable) car, but are still at a loss as to what the main differences between the two cars actually are, other than the body shape. I was previously under the impression that the running gear and other components were quite different, but now the two models seem to be fairly similar cars on many levels... time I start doing my homework!

Drew

Yeah most of the mechanicals are fairly similar....... the same with the 240Z and 260Z, 280Z and to some extent 280ZX too! The values of those cars are very different though (as I'm sure you know)!

I know a fellow who was going to bid at least $4000 on the auction (the seller's target) ... I think it would have at least reached that. I'm really not sure what the guy is playing at. We'll probably never know.

This guy can't be too smart, because just about any ebay regular will know ALL the action happens in the last hour.

His problem is, he thinks he has something more valueable than it is,

Typical G V S sufferers ...................... Greedy Vendor Syndrome!

• 1 month later...

Well....it is back up there......starting bid at 6,900 buy it now at 6,900, and the title is GT......description is GL and he insists it has leather...and wont send me a pic of the interior.....hmmmmm

It's over, no bids. Wonder why...! He tried to make money out of this car (purchased for $2000 from the Gold Coast), and he's seeing that just because something's worth a lot in a different country, does not mean JACK in Australia.

These cars are becoming more popular, but not worth that much yet. His LIES in the description (he is at least the third owner) do not help his case.

There are such cars as 240K GTs, pretty much identical to GLs though. The interior is most definitely vinyl, as I have seen pictures of the interior.

It is a fantastic car though, nevertheless. One of the best in Australia no doubt. It deserves better than this guy.