SAU Community

Idg

marc2

I have found that a standard 3 guage DIN panel would not fir into a SII Stagea. A little find of fiddling and I have managed to get 3 guages mounted above my stereo rather neatly.

post-18577-1149855201.jpg

I have found that a standard 3 guage DIN panel would not fir into a SII Stagea. A little find of fiddling and I have managed to get 3 guages mounted above my stereo rather neatly.

Thats what I want. But wot fiddle?

I'll be doing that soon, too! I might move the air-con controls to the middle though, the guages up top, and put the stereo in the bottom slot.

Did you buy a DIN-slot holder for the guages, or did you make one up?

66yostagea - Because the DIN guage would not fit I had to make up my own panel.

GoldZilla - homemade using 2 thin pieces of MDF, cut to different sizes and glued. Then had a local signwriter profile cut the holes accurately (very little room for error). Cost me 1 grazed knuckle (left hand) and $15 for profile cut.

The smaller back section is a 'snug' fit into the metal frame and all is held in place by the front plastic facia - quite solid.

Thanks for that Marc. I got hold of some pieces of perspex recently, so I might try the MDF backing with black-painted perspex to set off the Defi guages I want to get.

DEFI guages are very veeeery nice. the budget would not handle them at this stage. Maybe down the track we will look at it. for the time being VDO's.

What size are the gauges you put in there? 60mm...

Id be suprised if you could fit 3 defi gauges in a small holder like though as they are 60mm gauges which is quite big

Was it only the SII 'S' that had the three gauges in as standard? ie the ones mine has? Or was it somthing introduced in all the later SII's??

Ian

Id be suprised if you could fit 3 defi gauges in a small holder like though as they are 60mm gauges which is quite big

52mm - and they just fitted.

Luv your work. Do u feel like getting a few more made up being you know the dimensions?.

Sorry team, I would love to assist but I am down a store manager and end of financial year is nearly upon us all. The Stagea will be going onto the back burner for at least 2 months.

Know that I have the unit fitted I am inclined to lean towards a black/dark gray perspex. If I get one of these made up in the future and all is good I shall see if a small run can be done.

Was it only the SII 'S' that had the three gauges in as standard? ie the ones mine has? Or was it somthing introduced in all the later SII's??

Ian

Yep, as far as I am aware only the series II "S" type manual comes with those 3 centre guages.... also has some different front seats too :P

Yep, as far as I am aware only the series II "S" type manual comes with those 3 centre guages.... also has some different front seats too :ermm:

the 260RS also has them AFAIK

Sorry team, I would love to assist but I am down a store manager and end of financial year is nearly upon us all. The Stagea will be going onto the back burner for at least 2 months.

Know that I have the unit fitted I am inclined to lean towards a black/dark gray perspex. If I get one of these made up in the future and all is good I shall see if a small run can be done.

The Defi guages I'm aiming to get are the 52mm ones, and if I manage to get the panel right when I make it, I might make a few of them to sell onwards.

Interestingly my boost guage is reading 8.5psi. I thought max was 7psi standard. I can only assume that a split dump pipe and full 3" exhaust has allowed things to breath a little better. Either that or my boost guage is skewed. Apart fromt the above mentioned exhaust, the car is standard.

• 6 months later...

marc2, I know we are going back 6 months but did you have any pics of gauges and front panel before fitting? Has anybody nutted out how to fit the R32 GTR 3 din gauges? Can I modify the standard front panel mounts or just make up new panel? Has anybody seen S2 Stagea manual 3 din gauges 4sale?