SAU Community

Banzai Crx

Hey guys,

(I tried searching but couldnt find anything)

A few months back Autosalon mag threw in a free dvd. On it they had the Banzai CRX from high octane overboost.

Has anyone else seen this?

Short version - They do up a B16 powered CRX, bore it out to 1.8L and force 16psi through it then race it against various cars.

The question that has been bothering me is, why could the 600hp R34 gts-t Skyline only do a 14 second 1/4 mile?

surely skylines are faster then this?

or shit driver....

power doesnt mean everything, it depends on if the person driving knows how to use it as well. what good is a 600hp car if the driver cant shift for shit, which if you watch that vid, obviously cant.

yeh i have that on high octane over boost. it looks like the cars are not gunning it but, cause some races look like slow motion or something, its weird!!! there is no way a 34 gtr could beat the crx if it owned the 600hp gtst.

keep in mind it's in high octanes interests to make the crx look as good as possible.... i smell rigged or intentionally selected bunny... although it makes sense that a small light car could go that fast...

that dvd is full of shit in relation to the crx, it makes unrealistic power on the dyno and is slow anyway, from memory it was only doing mid 13s so the drag races were also BS as if the competing cars were really as described the crx would have been destroyed.

and if the crx really made that power on the dyno then it would be doing at lot faster than mid 13s anyway.

that dvd gave me the shits as now i bet heaps of people think that their CRXs with a turbo bolted on can beat a 600hp gts-t.

Edited by siksII

I remember seeing that DVD. The stupid thing is that they got the CRX, spent something like $18000 on it (not including the paint job apparently), and it only ran 13s. Imagine if they had started with something decent like an R32, VL Turbo or even a V8 Commodore, it would be running 11s, maybe quicker.

I can't remember it beating a 600hp GTST, I remember it beating the XR8 and Aston Martin DB7, but the modified R34 GTR beat it.