SAU Community

Fuel Pump Install Q's

Ok want to install my fuel pump very soon. I got it l8 last week.

What i need to know is what i need to stick the fuel pumps fuel output to the the fuel lines. I went down to repco and the guys there showed my some hose clamps. Now is that going 2 b good enough.

After many of searches on the forum I found a picture

Trying to figure out what he has done and where he got the stuff & what I need to do the work.

post-3786-1152006565.jpg

Ok want to install my fuel pump very soon. I got it l8 last week.

What i need to know is what i need to stick the fuel pumps fuel output to the the fuel lines. I went down to repco and the guys there showed my some hose clamps. Now is that going 2 b good enough.

After many of searches on the forum I found a picture

Trying to figure out what he has done and where he got the stuff & what I need to do the work.

Both myself and a lot of others have used the standard foel hose with a high pressure fuel hose clamp over the thread. It works fine. It is not Ideal but will work properly.

I looked for the threadded section and correct fitting and was quoted $96 and 2 weeks to get it in :/

Also remember to install it in the tank about 7mm from the bottom of the tank otherwise you will get a rude suprise when u :thumbsup: run out of fuel on 1/4 of a tank

Also direct feed the pump from the battery via a relay. do a search for direct feed bosch 040. And I have been told you can bend the return to the tank away from the pump to prevent cavitation.

and also the bosch is a noisy bugger when at idle.

Thanx for the info.

The high pressure fuel hose clamp where can u get them.

Repco?

Do they just look like the pipe clamps you buy for your radiator.

Just use proper EFI hose clamps from repco.

Just use proper EFI hose clamps from repco.

i'd be settin that style pump as external leaving the standard pump in tank and bosch one in route to engine done this on mates 33 couple of weeks ago found it much easier install .

i'd be settin that style pump as external leaving the standard pump in tank and bosch one in route to engine done this on mates 33 couple of weeks ago found it much easier install .

Yeah not sure if that's an easy thing to do, It's an intank fump.

The 040 is made by bosch as an intank pump, thats why it has a screen on the bottom as its pick up, has no threadded fitting or barb on the bottom for pick up. Its the factory pump for some of the high performance Audi's. I have this in my car and it was a bastard to get in. The size of the thing is the problem. I find mine to be fairly quiet and can only hear it when the tank is near empty.