SAU Community

Any Ideas On This Problem With Pfc

Installed my Pfc tonight and followed the intructions onthis forum.

But i think i have a problem as when i turn the power on to set the boost controller option in just continues to click and flash the engine warning light.

I am new to these units but i did a sensor check and it is flashing up the TPS, I am not even sure that R32 GTR have one of them.

Any ideas please

Regards

Just installed my new Power fc only to find that id continually clikcks and flashs the hand controller and the exhaust temp light i think.

(Edit) the car has no cat and i think that the exhaust gas temp probe is disconnected, would this be a problem?

Any suggestion would be welcome at this point.

regards

Edited by tacker

This seems to be a common problem with the Power FC, and it is usually due to poor wiring or a blown fuse:

See Link... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...122474&st=0

You need to check:

1. Check all fuses - twice!

2. Wire in a direct 12v from the battery to the battery input on the ECU (pin 58)

3. Check earth wires (pins 60 and 50)

4. If it's still not working start checking all the other wires, for a break or something connected where it shouldn't be.

Hope that helps

Edited by Ryno

Well i have used the tried and tested method of leaving the bugger over night to heal and bugga me if it didnt just work.

I dont know what to say but it seems to just work, i have just done the idle procedure as recommended and it is now sitting at a nice 850 rpm no matter what i turn on or a little rev here and there.

Big smile and the office staff wont have to put up with me grumping around all day.

Thanks for your help Ryno and Paul.

Edited by tacker

Paul,

when i get back from the office tonight i will check for you. Its newly delivered from japan and i got a good price for it as well. Turns out its about 880 plus 30 for shipping, give or take a dollar for exchange rates.

Been buying my parts through one company in tokyo and i have to say they have been great to me.

On a side note i have just recieved my innovate wide band O2 AFR meter. I have the rb25 afm's on this GTR and i was surprise with just how close the AFR were before i changed over to the PFC. I just it was running a little lean but never once got over 14 throughout the rev range.

Cant wait to do some tuning or learn how to first, nice and slow i would guess.

Edited by tacker