SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Starting Issue

Hi All,

I have a very intermittent (only happened twice) problem.

About 6 weeks ago my R34 GT-T wouldn't start. It turned over but no ignition. The symptom was like I had no fuel (there was plenty). After continuously turning it over the battery went flat. I went down the local servo and got a battery from there and hooked it up and after turning it over and much spluttering it started. I hasn't missed a beat until today (hasn't been started since Friday). It didn't start straight away. I heard a few clicks from the engine and it turned over more than usual then ignition. I went for a drive without incident. It will no doubt start straight away in the morning. Usually it starts first pop after hardly turning the key.

help and advice much appreciated.

Update - as predicted, it did start first pop this morning and again at lunch time. Shrug!!

Update - Car wouldn't start yesterday morning. Just lots of ticking when i turned the key. Called auto electrician and they said "the battery is flat"

Called RACT and confirmed flat battery. When down local servo and bought a new one.

Edited by icftoo

• 2 weeks later...

Update - new battery fixed issue :happy:

The old battery was original :)

you would think it was a good idea to replace the old battery with a new one at compliance.

Oh well, I glad it wasn't a major component.

I had the same problem with mine when I hadn't driven it for about a week.

There was a clicking when I turned the ignition over but now starter.

Turned out the clicking noise is the little arm sorta thing (don't know how else to describe it) that's built into the starter motor that only allows it to turn one way and self locks when not on ing.