SAU Community

Rear Stabilizer Bar Missing

3intheBack

Excuse me for being a bit slow, but I just recieved my rear sway bar from Whiteline today and in my excitment I went home and climbed under the car to have a squizz and soft fit.

Lo and behold I couldn't for the life of me see the original sway bar anywhere on the rear end.

Now I know I am not completely mechanically illiterate or blind. I know what a brake line looks like. But i still can't see the bar.

So if you could point me in the right direction that would be nice. If you have found it lying on the road somewhere, maybe off the edge of the skid pan and could return it that would be even better.

My Stagea is a 2000 S2 RWD only and I can post up pics of the rear suspension if you want.

signed

perplexed

P.S. Actually, dont return the original, just tell me where to fit the new one.

img2617smallqc0.jpg

img2623smallve9.jpg

img2625smalllp9.jpg

Its probably easiest to find the bar where it goes over the exhaust, it will look like the 2nd picture down above.

Its will be just behind the muffler, towards the front of the car. The stock one has different links on the ends, but i am just showing you what the whiteline ones will look like.

If your car truely has had its sway bar removed, I can ONLY imagine what you've been going through, it would be a MEGA boat.

AAARGHHH

Someone has stolen it!!

I saw the bolt hole as per picture One. And I wondered why it was 'empty'. So that IS where it was supposed to be...but it aint there!

Well that's a relief - of sorts

Looks like its back to Nizmo to ask for a refund.

For a good look at its handling characteristics just see the video in my other thread and watch the back. Funnily enough it doesnt feel as bad as it looks

Edited by 3intheBack

Excuse me for being a bit slow, but I just recieved my rear sway bar from Whiteline today and in my excitment I went home and climbed under the car to have a squizz and soft fit.

Lo and behold I couldn't for the life of me see the original sway bar anywhere on the rear end.

Now I know I am not completely mechanically illiterate or blind. I know what a brake line looks like. But i still can't see the bar.

So if you could point me in the right direction that would be nice. If you have found it lying on the road somewhere, maybe off the edge of the skid pan and could return it that would be even better.

My Stagea is a 2000 S2 RWD only and I can post up pics of the rear suspension if you want.

signed

perplexed

P.S. Actually, dont return the original, just tell me where to fit the new one.

Did you really thinkyou had one in the back? :(:nuke::P:P:)

OK so I think we have a problem Houston...

I'm going from zero torsional strength to a 24mm solid bar.

Oversteer here we come!! Serious oversteer is going to be somewhat profound I think... Ohhh, what funnn!

Crazy driver + Boost + HUGE sway bar = Massive amounts of entertainment for me in Oct! I will post clips of the aftermarth!