SAU Community

Rb25det Cutting Out

Jeff check AFM, i was working on my car afew days ago, forgot to reconnect the AFM, car started ok and idled fine but once i tried driving it,it shit itself. Where are you now Xizor, i could come over and have a look???

XIZOR will be home around 230, so ill head over there with tools and start by checking afm, then change fuel filter then we try installing the pump. if you can come over too thats cool he wanted someone who did a pump before.

XIZOR will be home around 230, so ill head over there with tools and start by checking afm, then change fuel filter then we try installing the pump. if you can come over too thats cool he wanted someone who did a pump before.

Get Xizor to PM me his address or where ever the car is.

Nope, you throw it in diag mode and it runs its tests and throws out a code (by flashing a light (dash light or light on the ecu). You count the flashes and then compare the number to that in a list. It then may show something like code blah... coolant temp sensor or code blah afm etc etc..

You can even throw it in an o2 test mode where it flashes the light as the o2 sensor goes high/low. An easy way to determine if your o2 sensor is shagged, lazy, or not.

From what i remember you can do this by bending a paper clip in a 'U' shape and sticking it in a couple of holes. Have a quick search for it and also find the codes so you can count the flashes and read it.

Sorry guys, if i knew that you would be working on the cars this arvo i would have come over and lent my expertise(?), lol.

for all those who are wondering... problem turned out to be that the cold air box over the pod had damaged a wire to the afm over time. i soldered a new wire in and span the afm around and mounted the pod bracket to a different bolt, so that this cant happen again.

only 2-3 strands of the damaged wire were cut, so we were able to idle and rev but as the load increased the afm was unable to send an accurate output to the ecu, and the motor would stop. as far as i know these wires are only running power that the ecu compares to 5 volts, so any small damage has a dramatic effect to the current i guess.

dont mind me im trying to sound smart lol