SAU Community

Place That Cleans / Fix's Inter Coolers

SysLink67

yeah I can do it myself bro, but I heard any shit left behind can easily f**k ya turbs and engine man... what do you use to clean them out? whatsa fin comb worth?

cant u do it urself?

compressed air to blow the shit out and a little screw driver to straighten fins.. or u can buy a fin comb from bunnings

soak it in kero or sum shit like dat...

and do it a couple of times.

ie soak over nite, flush, dry.

repeat for 2 more days :laugh:

to diy, u need tweezers, screwdriver, compressor for pressurised air and a stack of spare time.

oh and paitence is a virtue u must have :)

the best way to get that oily film out yourself is to repeatedly rinse the cooler with a 50.50 mix of kero and metho. Pour the mixture in one end with the other end sealed and wash it around to and fro. Then pour it out and youll see how dirty the mixture is when it comes out. Repeat another 5 times.

Then, wash out the residue with clean water and leave to dry in the sun for quite a while to ensure the core is dry inside.

This is Sydney kids recommended mixture and it works a treat!

dude for the cost of all that messing around buying all that cleaner

just buy a new cooler for like $170.00 bux there about

sell your old one and be done with it

trying to straighten fins (unless severly damaged) is a waist of time, will make no dif to cooling

imo :)

prove to me that a just jap intercooler for -$200 is worse then a $700 brand name intercooler... whats the difference???? some ebay ones might be f&*ked.. but if the specs are the same and the welds hold the same presure then what difference apart from the company logo... will trust spray panted on it give you more power will it?? if so i might spray paint trust on mine to get 20 odd hp...