SAU Community

New Gfb Boost Controller

ky_r33

Hi ppls... bought a GFB boost controller and was just wondering if they are crap or if the boost controller is confusing the computer on my car due to the extra boost. It was fine at 8psi but once i reached 9psi the rev's started going up and down eratically and stalling at idol and when driving it was pulling back...Took it off this arvo, Hope I havent wasted my money buying a this boost controller. Was told my many that it would do the same job as a turbo smart one and that they would boost spike the same amount. The only way to go was a digital one, which i didnt wanna spend the money on...

In my opinion they are absolute rubbish. Had it set on 12 and it would spike to 15 then

drop to 10 at the top end. Replaced it in the exact same spot with one of the $30 turbotech

ones sold on here and it is fantastic. I have it running on around 16-17 psi and it holds great without

spiking... Hope this helps :happy:

i also use a turbotech controller and i prefer it to the turbosmart one i had.

where you have the wastegate reading from can cause some spiking. if you have a fmic that didn't use the stock cooler piping then you should have a nipple inserted into the pipe from the turbo to the cooler. this will stop a bit of spiking.