SAU Community

My 4dr 32 (just Tuned! 206rwkw On 10psi)

salad

R32 GTS-t 4dr Type-M

RB20DET

Bought the car dead stock with 25,000kms on the clock. I didn't believe it was genuine so ripped water pump and timing belt out straight away and they were like new. Everything in the car was immaculate and still had new car smell! So I sorta believe the Kms a bit.

Originally an auto, but manual conversion done in Japan. Got it and started with the mods. Tried a few different coilovers (including Tein, Tanabe, Cusco and HSD) in the car until arriving at the current set up.

Had the car for 1 month before it out was out at the track. Other mods followed as required (really should've done diff MUCH earlier, but ohwell).

Blew the old RB20 (spun bottom end bearings) back in July 07, so then began looking for a new motor, was going to do RB25, but then found an RB30 cheap :)

Engine mods: RB25/30 with stock internals, upgraded valve springs, RB25 turbo oil pump, GTR injectors, Z32 AFM, Apexi pod, 3" turbo back HKS Super Drager exhaust, Blitz DSBC Spec-R, and FMIC. Running RB25 turbo with VG30 rear housing.

Suspension: Bilstein coilvers (Eibach springs 7/5 kg/mm), Whiteline adjustable swaybars 27/24mm, Tein castor rods, Adjustable front upper arms, Whiteline adjustable rear camber bushes (in traction rod) D-project rear upper arms, Apexi front strut brace, Uras tie rod spacers, alloy cradle bushes and HICAS lockbar.

Driveline: Kaaz 1.5way, Exedy Sports Ceramic 3 puck, RB25 gearbox

Other: Bride Zeta, Work Equip 17x9+20, 235/45R17 Proxes T1Rs, or 235/45R17 RE55S for circuit.

Waiting on new rims from Japan (P1 Buddys 17x9 +17)

VERY happy with the car, especially the suspension. Was aimed more at circuit racing as I wanted it to grip like a circuit car, and then make that slide. Handles MUCH better with the Bilsteins than any of the other rubbish coilovers I've had before.

Still a daily driver, does its job well

RB30DETboost.jpgNew RB30DET

RB30DETvsRB20DET.jpgRB30DET (black) vs RB20DET with GCG highflow (red)

IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

DSC_2355.jpg

1.jpg

dsc_8164.jpg

Couple of vids from 07 G1 Round 1

- Thanks to Ryan (5LEEPER) for the footage

Last run is by far the best :/

Thanks to Ryan (5LEEPER) for the footage

Edited by salad

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got GTR front bar and Nissan skirts on it now, looks a lot better. Will try and get some new pics of it up soon I guess. Just lazy :(

Got some vid of the last comp, but yeah, that's about it, still waitin on pics...

• 5 weeks later...

Couple of pics from last Satdee's drift prac with the GTR bar and Nissan 4dr skirts, and without the wing.

Avatar.jpgDriving straight at a drift practice!? ;)

6.jpg<--- Awful line... :wave:

Looks much tougher now

On the hunt for 4dr rear pods now! Preferably silver :laugh:

*Looks at andylaurel*:laugh:

Edited by salad

Gimme your turbo, it'll be even funner! I'll let you drive it again, promise :)

Was fun watching it do massive scandos, and almost hitting Huddy's car...

Edited by salad

• 2 weeks later...

A few pics from SD round just gone.

IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

DSC_2355.jpg

1.jpg

dsc_8164.jpg

Car's still goin well, heaps of grip (when the tyres aren't overheated) just need to get some more power now! Only running on 0.9bar on the track cos I dont wanna lose the rear wheel :blink: So less than 180rwkw :banana:

And decent tyres on the rear would be nice, ones that can take the heat of more than 4 laps... :P

Edited by salad

Just factory Nissan skirts. Like the GTR and type M for the 2door.

Was chasing them for ages, didn't want a big kit, just a factory looking sorta thing. I'm happy with the way it's turned out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice 4 door! very similar mods to mine, right down to the wheels :thanks: except i have a high flow neo turbo im about to bolt on and hope its not going to be too laggy :D

How much extra lock did you get with the spacers? very noticable?

I saw someone with a highflow NEO turbo change to a HKS GT-RS and made more power everywhere. The problem is the rear housing is too big on the NEO turbo and the lil RB20 struggles to spool it early. If you can, see if you can get the R33 rear housing on there. Machined out first of course

The spacers give you a fair bit more lock so they're definitely worth it. Also makes U-turns a lot easier :laugh:

Last run is by far the best ;)

Thanks to Ryan (5LEEPER) for the footage :)

Edited by salad

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a photo of the car when it was still in Japan before I bought it!

SilverR324-door.jpg

It's come a fair way... :D

Edited by salad

• 1 month later...

Threw GTR injectors and RB25 GCG highflow on over the last couple of days. Got it tuned again and pulled 220rwkw on 1.4 bar with really good response for an RB20. 1.4 bar comes at 3600rpm :) Start making more power than the stock RB25 turbo at just before that too.

Will chuck up a dyno sheet soon.

Should make the drift practice tomorrow more interesting with another 50rwkw :) (I used to turn boost down on the track)

Dunno how the 2 year old organic clutch will do though :D

Edited by salad