SAU Community

Could Coils Be The Problem?

r33gts

Hi people, i got a r33 gts, and havin some dramas with it lately, when i give it a bit more gas, the engine stars kinda cutting off, and when i step on it all the way it doesnt have the power like it used to, and it only does this once the engine is hot, while its cold seems to be running fine, i just got the service done on it, and got new platinums, so its not the spark plugs, if anyone knows what could the problem be, please give me some insight, if the coils could be the problem i would appreciate it

P.S theres also a really funny smell coming out of it when the car's hot, dunno if that has anything to do with it,

are u giving a boot when cold?

or only when its warm..

yea i booted it, and seemed alrite although not as good as before, now i read that thread about siliconing the coils, so i took them out, firs 1 was fine but the rest had visible cracks and bluish color around them, so i spose that was the proble, i went to bunnings and got silicon, 2moro i'll put it all together and c how it goes, if it helps, i wanna say thanks to all of you for sharing this ideas and solutions with the rest, doing a great job guys.

Did you wash the engine bay by any chance? I did it when i first got my car and i had the exact same problem. Also check out this thread its got heaps of useful info in it if your car is missfiring.

Good luck wit it dude.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=119403

thanks heaps for that i hope it helps since i pulled it all off, what i should have done in the first place and replaced the plugs myself.