SAU Community

IGN-1A coils - real or copies.. what's the difference

Hi all,

Looking at upgrading my LS1 coils as I'm just about on the limit with them.

I want to go with the IGN - 1A coils but I'm seeing a few different brands. Gut feeling it telling me to go with the haltech version. However, I see Aeroflow advertise them as well and I don't want to end up buying the wrong part and ended up with wasted dyno time.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Gareth87 said:

Hi all,

Looking at upgrading my LS1 coils as I'm just about on the limit with them.

I want to go with the IGN - 1A coils but I'm seeing a few different brands. Gut feeling it telling me to go with the haltech version. However, I see Aeroflow advertise them as well and I don't want to end up buying the wrong part and ended up with wasted dyno time.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance.

You can try DIY Auto Tune, they make the MegaSquirt ECUs and I would be shocked if they sold counterfeit coils which are extremely common for the IGN-1A. Counterfeits will have awful spark energy.

Edited by joshuaho96

7 minutes ago, joshuaho96 said:

You can try DIY Auto Tune, they make the MegaSquirt ECUs and I would be shocked if they sold counterfeit coils which are extremely common for the IGN-1A. 

Just checked it out, The shipping is nearly $200 AUD. I'm sure a local supplier on the GC will have stock of genuines. Thanks for your reply though.