SAU Community

Where To Buy A R32 Around Brisbane

Triptych

Alright guys I am currently in the market to buy a R32 GTS-T. I have had a look at boostimports and there is one their I like the look of but the test drive will be the final factor. I would prefer to have a couple of places to look at and I don't want to import myself so would prefer to buy one already imported at a dealer.

So if there are some good places you guys know about please let me know.

Also what tunning places do you guys recommand? I don't mind driving extra distance for a good tuner that I can build a history with when I get the car.

Cheers

Adam.

How much you looking to spend?

Looking for something stock or already worked?

I have around 15k but would like to spend around 12k. Would prefer stock over modded for the simple fact I will mod the car later and that way I have control over what mods have been.

Edited by Triptych

I would prefer to buy from a dealer. Just for the fact this is my first import and would like some form warrenty. The car I was looking at on the boostimports website has now sold. I have found another skyline I like but they dealer is asking 14k. If I can get it down to 12.5k I will be happy.

Edited by Triptych

Why would you buy a 32 for 14k when you can pick up 33's for as little as 13k?

*Shrugs & don's flame suit*

Why would you buy from a dealer when there are some damn good buys from known skyline folk. The warranty you speak of aint worth toilet paper. Its been put together by some of the best legal minds in the game to make sure the yards rarely if ever pay out on anything. Wear and tear isnt covered but breakage supposedly is. What they dont tell you on a car that age is that the breakage is caused by wear and tear. BINGO! you're f**ked.

Do what you like but I can assure you there are better options than the ones you are planning.

Why would you buy from a dealer when there are some damn good buys from known skyline folk. The warranty you speak of aint worth toilet paper. Its been put together by some of the best legal minds in the game to make sure the yards rarely if ever pay out on anything. Wear and tear isnt covered but breakage supposedly is. What they dont tell you on a car that age is that the breakage is caused by wear and tear. BINGO! you're f**ked.

Do what you like but I can assure you there are better options than the ones you are planning.

Exzaccery!

You only have to look for those threads on this forum posted by people who have been screwed over with warranty a week after driving out of the car yard.

I prefer the shape of the R32 over the shape of the R33, Personal prefence. 14k in my mind is way too expensive for a R32. AzzurrA is also correct in saying that 14k is fairly cheap from most dealers but I still wouldn't pay more then $12500 for a R32.

If I do get it from a dealer then I will check through the whole warrenty and sus it out. No point in paying for an extended warrenty if it isn't going to cover anything.

The R32 I am looking at through the dealer that I want to talk down in price is located at brisbane unique cars.

If you search the tradingpost website you will find it. It is black and listed at $13950

I am a little confused on the front bar that its on it. It sorta looks like the GTS4 front bar and also appears to have GTR bonnet and grille on it.

I will see what nissan fast comes up with if I go and check this car out.

Edited by Triptych

I prefer the shape of the R32 over the shape of the R33, Personal prefence.

Me too - which is why I bought my r32 5 months ago

already moded (moderately) for 13k and i am so happy!

my first car was from a car yard but i think private is the way to go.

just get someone who knows about cars (imports) (assuming you dont)

to go with you when you check them out.

you save heaps when you buy private

ps - search trading post maybe too (they have private and car yard cars)

(www.autotrader.com.au)

(www.autotrader.com.au)

Yeah, check the speedo to for alterations..

Before it gets imported you can get the log books changed and suited to the car with any k's on it.

Make sure the numbers a straight as an arrow..

i.e: If its a car with 50,00km on the clock and the paint is fading and the inside is shot... alarm bells should ring off in your head.

Its always daunting when you get a new car..just get it thoroughly checked over..

Also theres a link on the forums here somewhere thats a sticky that tells you what to look for etc..

Just to lazy to link it

dude my mate and his S14 tried to claim warranty on the things that went wrong on his car..

clutch - NO warranty

throw out bearing - NO warranty

timing case leak - NO warranty

rear main - NO warranty

engine knock - NO warranty

crack windshield brought with slight crack should be replaced for RWC.. u guessed it - NO warranty

whining viscous diff - NO warranty

this is one of those AVWG warranty places.. he paid 16k which is ok for a 99200sx but not worth the warranty..

best buy private and sell private.. screw caryards..

why buy GTST when u can have GTR.. get 19990 and u can have mine drive away and ill throw in a tank of fuel.. :(

also PM and ill tell u which Southside import yards are dodgy. ive found many that wind ther clocks back. and leave the history sticker on the door.. for example a yard on logan road.. 1990 MR2 GT with 89000 exactly on the clock. door sticker reads last service 155000kms i mentioned that to the guy he was speechless came back a week later to see that its been removed..

(www.autotrader.com.au)

I call bs Zennon. Now fess up dude. You bought the 32 cos its lighter and goes faster. :P:(;):yes:

Used car warranties are crap and as much benifit to you as ice cream after a day in the sun....read the contract properly and you'll understand why...they don't cover anything! Find a car you like through private sale and have it looked over by a reputable workshop. Thats my advice.

those caryard warranty's only cover certain parts of the car, say your diff is stuffed, it will only cover certain splines etc in the diff, and if its caused by other parts that broke off first etc, then damaged them it wont be covered. its all a scam, think about it, why would a car yard wanna pay out thousands of dollars for things that can break from wear and tear, i dont think so.

Anyway i bought my car second hand, i searched for months for the right one, i finnally found one i had throughly checked over by racq, inspection at the time, bcoz it was in brisbane not aroudn where i live, other wise get some friends, and go look at the car, look at all things like underbody for dings and scrpaes and chassis rail damage look for rust, around boot engine bay, windscreens etc, dont be shy to pull out the boot lining and have a look around, then if u are happy with the initial inspection, tell them u will be in contact for further inspection, then book in a time for the car to be inspected at racq service centre or a trust worthy person u know or trust. then if compression test comes up good and all other things look good, and u hae ticked all your boxes, then u mite have a good car on your hands. but its really common sense, basic stuff u would look for on oyur own car for inspection, look for on that car, oil leaks etc, damage. good luck with it.

Daz

The warranty you speak of aint worth toilet paper.

i got an upgraded warranty for like 700 bux through avwg

got my money back on it in repairs for stuff

they arent that bad

u just have to service you car to their conditions (which are pretty reasonable)

that said, if you buy a good car (ie GET IT CHECKED OUT) u can probably just put that 700 bux to maintenance anyway and not be too far off ok

my warranty covered:

door locks failed, they got them all replaced for me

thermo fan cracked, i actually paid for it to be repaired by nissan, avwg then refunded me the money it cost to get it repaired after i wrote them a nice letter

and something else, which i cant think of now, never had any issues, i did send of my servicing coupons to them

aircon issues, including broken auto button got fixed under warranty

i asked about a few other things, and they were usually pretty helpful and told me whether they would cover it or not

some they didnt, some they did

really, as the end user its up to US to read the information they give you and use it to our advantage

Edited by Spook's_Skyline