SAU Community

Beat This ...

Driving to work this morning on Parramatta Rd, stopped behind this at the lights and just had to take a photo. Now I've seen canons on Excels, Lancers, every kind of commodore, a Ford Maverick for some reason, Toyota Rav4, Jeep wranglers and the list is endless. But this takes the cake.

If you have any pics please post them up.

l_63d266e7f12006768279137bbd1c45bd.jpg

l_760ebf6fbcffb069489f8d030f7baa52.jpg

l_ed75d180591af97d0297b84252aeb15c.jpg

Driving to work this morning on Parramatta Rd, stopped behind this at the lights and just had to take a photo. Now I've seen canons on Excels, Lancers, every kind of commodore, a Ford Maverick for some reason, Toyota Rav4, Jeep wranglers and the list is endless. But this takes the cake.

lmao, atleast it now has less restrictive exhaust, might be able to get to 0-60 in 20seconds now!

ha ha ha.... yeah, whats going with Excel's having canons on them? WTH?? I saw this guy driving an Excel with a 3.5 inch exahust, load as hell.... he drove past me and thought he was God - well, that was until I BOV(ed) him off... LOL

Yeah adding a canon to anything with four wheels (or less) is fast becoming a trend.

Before moving to Sydney I lived in Goulburn, home of level 5 water restrictions, many defects and alot of bogans, they chuck canons on just about everything ... Mirages, Swifts, VT's, XR6 utes, even saw a Toyota Hiace with a canon, Supplied by Super Cheap Auto of course.

Next all the N/A cars with be cruising around with them fake blow-off valve whistler things off Ebay.

Anyone else got some pics???

top photo mate!

If you see anything similar don't be shy, whip out the old camera phone and snap a few shots.

I'm yet to get a photo of this really old Soarer that parks out on the street sometimes which has a GT-R badge on it and a heap of stickers all over Trust, HKS and all that jazz.

Heh... at AutoSalon last year, the basketball bus had a full 4" (or more?) system on it. I got talking to the bus-driver. It is basically a pimped out coach! Surprisingly, it sounded good. Deep, but not 4-cylindery like a Civic, and not so deep like a truck.

OH well... if you're going to sik up a Hyundai, you might as well let people sik up a bus/truck!

EDIT: Remembered the basketball group. "AND1"

Edited by RANDY

why would it be stupid to have a 4" exhaust on a bus? f250's come out with about 3" stock.

as for cannons on hundy's, why is it ok for you to put one on your skyline but not any other car? is there a law that says you can only put a cannon on a import? and what about if i have a NA silvia? or a SSS pulsar? is it ok to have one on a silvia but not a SSS pulsar even though they have the same motor? how many people put a cannon on a skyline cause it is the cool thing to do rather than a oval muffler (which will flow just as much and quieten the car better)? just as many that put them onto little buzz boxes to try to be cool.

my magna has a cannon on it. i didn't put it on, the previous owner did. why did he do it? to make the car sound better. and it sounds much better than it would've with the muffler that was on it. i had the same rear muffler on my last magna and removed the centre muffler and it sounded nearly as good as this did. but with the cannon it sounds a bit meatier.

but if you are going to bag falcons and commodores with cannons, then you should also bag out NA imports. the people who put them on NA imports only do it to be like the people with turbo imports, so they are just as bad as someone with a lancer.

Edited by mad082

why would it be stupid to have a 4" exhaust on a bus? f250's come out with about 3" stock.

as for cannons on hundy's, why is it ok for you to put one on your skyline but not any other car? is there a law that says you can only put a cannon on a import? and what about if i have a NA silvia? or a SSS pulsar? is it ok to have one on a silvia but not a SSS pulsar even though they have the same motor? how many people put a cannon on a skyline cause it is the cool thing to do rather than a oval muffler (which will flow just as much and quieten the car better)? just as many that put them onto little buzz boxes to try to be cool.

my magna has a cannon on it. i didn't put it on, the previous owner did. why did he do it? to make the car sound better. and it sounds much better than it would've with the muffler that was on it. i had the same rear muffler on my last magna and removed the centre muffler and it sounded nearly as good as this did. but with the cannon it sounds a bit meatier.

but if you are going to bag falcons and commodores with cannons, then you should also bag out NA imports. the people who put them on NA imports only do it to be like the people with turbo imports, so they are just as bad as someone with a lancer.

You don't have to have an import to have a cannon, you just have to have something .. well .. good. And a non-turbo Silvia and a SSS Pulsar are good cars earning them the right to wear a cannon proudly. Also saw an R8 ute with twin cannons out the back, respect to it. And I'm assuming that the majority of Skyline owners have a cannon on their car for the same reason, it came with the exhaust system they bought and it all bolts up nicely. As for the matter of bolting one on to improve the sound, most of the Excel and Lancer etc owners just bolt it onto the standard exhaust thus not improving the sound at all, worsening it in fact. And nothing could be worse then those cannons with the led lights surrounding the tip.

Either way you have to draw the line somewhere, as you can see from the featured picture, that truck has a cannon, why? I don't know, it offers no visual satisfaction or any benefits at all.

ha ha ha.... yeah, whats going with Excel's having canons on them? WTH?? I saw this guy driving an Excel with a 3.5 inch exahust, load as hell.... he drove past me and thought he was God - well, that was until I BOV(ed) him off... LOL

haha.....thats like grabbing him by the collar and slapping him silly :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
dont rent a scooter whatever you do... oh, unless you have a death wish of course

lol I just got back from thailand and um yeh had a scooter for a couple of days and crashed it......all on my own lol had a shocker

I was going up this incredibly steep hill and 2nd gear was running out of revs so had to change to 1st or I was gonna start going backwards. Sooooo I figured a quick change was in order to keep momentum but I didnt count on the pile of torque in first and the thing kicked up like a king cobra and I was hanging on for dear life lol

after a funny struggle to keep control it went down at all of about 20km/hr and smashed the tail light assembly and ripped off the rear number plate :wave: