SAU Community

Workshop Needed In Brisbane

Benno31

Make no mistake, they didn't go "out of business" at all. They have been in wooloongabba for around fifteen years. I've taken the two cars i've owned to them since 1995 without any problems whatsoever. They are a family business, and have run a successful business over the years. I went in on Friday last week and there were 6 cars there at the time. The signs are up with the business for sale because that is exactly what's happening, the old man is heading towards retirement, is well off and his business is completely owned - no finance, loans or rental overheads as they own the premises.

If you want to talk about tuning, my last car ran 25psi on a 4G63T for 7 years straight before it finally had it's day. All of the work and dyno tuning was done in house at Charlie's Motors. The motor was completely stock, apart from a metal headgasket. Those results speak for itself =)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs exhaust work done, see these guys. They repaired my broken and rusted zorst for $25 today.

Exceptional service and for $25 its hardly worth looking at a car.

The Muffler Shop Pty Ltd

246 Logan Rd Stones Corner QLD 4120

ph: (07) 3891 6331

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used Brisbane Tuning and Turbo Centre in Wooloongabba. Need to get the timing belt done and the safc and sitc tuned in the stagea. Got "quoted" $460 for the belt (thats including the belt itself) and $150 for the tune. Which where if been getting quotes from so far its seems to be a normal price. Just that this is close to me.

Been using them for about 3 years now. Like any workshop - you hear good and bad things. I have probably experienced good and bad with them - but overall I am happy with their work. I have had 3 rebuilds through them so far. Thay have been dealing with imports for a long time now - know their stuff - maybe could do better with high performance tunes, but general work is very good.

Tell John that Peter with the black GTR recommended you and he will look after you.

He should - I've spent about $30Million dollars with him so far. :)

Has anyone used Brisbane Tuning and Turbo Centre in Wooloongabba.

use these guys and you'll end up regretting it cause you'll find that the service/tune could be done better else where either at the same price or possibly cheaper or maybe in some cases a bit more.

this is talking from experience btw as i've used these guys.

Well basically I'm after a shop around this area also. I'm in Annerley and don't want to be stuffing around getting to and from where ever I end up going to as I will have to rely on public transport. So any other suggestions. I realsie that there probably isn't going to be ANY workshop in brisbane, australia even the world that have at least managed to piss off some customers. Just don't want to go to one that makes a habit of it. Its only a cam belt change and an safc / sitc tune so its not that big a job.

i will never go to brisbane turbo and tuning again

expensive and i was unhappy with their work

when the missus rang up to talk to them about it, she copped a gobfull

ended up going to mostons to get their shonky work fixed

how hard is it to install a boost gauge propperly?

apparently for them, quite hard

These threads always come out the same - i'd recommend this guy - I wouldn't because he is an arsehole ...etc...etc...etc.

At the end of the ady EVERY workshop has lovers and haters and plenty in between.

You are just going to have to make a decision based on the fact that some people use a specific workshop.

If its close, if the work they are doing is not rocket science, they have had no-one threatening to burn them down because the destroyed their car -

then what is the issue????

well my baby is in there now.

Mick seems to know his stuff with most aspects of a Skyline.

I was initially misinformed about the price though, no fault of Mick.

The person who took my call the other day guessed a rough price and it was out by a bit.

It will now cost a little more than what Chapman & Chapman had quoted me.

and to all members this isnt the first time to happen

As macattack said, all workshops have their lovers and haters, and there are two sides to every story.

I take my car (300kw+ SR) to TUNED and am very happy with the workmanship. If I ever have an issue, Mick's more than happy to listen and work it out.

Just my 2c.

There is too many Mechanics that have fixed the mistakes he has made on skylines for there to be two sides to the stories.

if you take on the odds of taking the car there, have all the work in writing with set prices so you have something to fall back on.