SAU Community

Jz Ceffy

d0rid0ri

Hi

Has anyone dropped in a Toyota JZ engine into a ceffy? What is involved with it?

I'm thinking about replacing my rb20 with a 1jz TT from a soarer as it is long in the tooth now.

I know a lot of guys have done the conversion with s13's.

1JZ's seem to be pretty cheap comapred to a SR20 or RB25/26

1jz is cheap and better than 25

but the 25 conversion is much easier , which realy is one of the main advantages of the cef , its ready for any rb very easily

having said that its not that hard and the 1j is an awesome engine . the soarer turbo setup sucks though

Edited by arkon

what you save on purchasing the Jz will spend and more on the conversion

talk to some mechanics on the cost of converting first

remember that although the SR or RB maybe a 500-1000 more expensive to buy, it is a straight fit

im thinking to shoehorn a toyota engine in a nissan is a few grand enterprise

Food for thought

RellikZephyr

Has been done before in cefiros, 1J conversions are becoming more popular in S13s.

See if you can read up on some S13 conversions, most of it should apply to the cefiro.

there is a guy in SA you can buy mounts off for $120 which allow a direct bolt in for a 1JZ onto an S13 X member, Ceffy X members are worth a shiteload more cash than S13 ones, so you can probably get your $120 back on that with no worries :rofl:

once that is done its a bit of wiring and some plumbing (as you would need with any conversion) and youre set...the only real expensive bits I can see are $1500 for an R154 (but you pay nearly that for an RB25 box which is weaker anyway)

I was seriously going to do this with a GT3037S Pro into my laurel if i didnt sell it.

Nice I've put a 3037S int w/g on a 1J before and it was pretty awesome as a street car.

Mounts to go straight on a S13 x member, must go looking for them.

I have an Autronic SM4 which I'm in the middle of wiring up.

there is a guy in SA you can buy mounts off for $120 which allow a direct bolt in for a 1JZ onto an S13 X member, Ceffy X members are worth a shiteload more cash than S13 ones, so you can probably get your $120 back on that with no worries :rofl:

once that is done its a bit of wiring and some plumbing (as you would need with any conversion) and youre set...the only real expensive bits I can see are $1500 for an R154 (but you pay nearly that for an RB25 box which is weaker anyway)

I was seriously going to do this with a GT3037S Pro into my laurel if i didnt sell it.

what about the opposite side exhaust/inlet etc?

what about the opposite side exhaust/inlet etc?

what about it?

the inlet is no dramas whatsoever...as for the exhaust well a 1JZ has the dumps in the centre of the engine leaving you PLENTY of room for a decent front pipe and exhaust, if youre going a big single there shouldnt be any dramas either :P

Here's my 1JZ powered Cefiro... don't have a lot of information about dropping the JZ into a Ceffie, since mine was already installed when I bought the car. I do know that here in Thailand people can buy looms off the shelf to splice into the standard loom and then everything plugs straight in, no drama!

post-29700-1174233830.jpg