SAU Community

Jz Ceffy

d0rid0ri

roger roger, will do some research :stupid:

People claim some impressive numbers with simple SAF-C tunes on 1J's... I have a mate who was keen on a 1J into his laurel but was put off by cost estimation. Would be keen to know approx cost of the loom.

What are your guys estimates on a completed 1J conversion not incl exhaust and front mount?

depends on how much of a cheap ass D.I.Y-er u are :stupid:

changing the engines is pretty straight forward, as stated above custom engine mounts have been produced in s.a for a very cheap price( same as normal mounts) den buy ur self a 1jz engine loom and use the front engine plugs by just cutting them off with sum wire left 2 soldier onto the rb loom wire,

the loom plug mite be tricky.... if theres da same number of wires to the loom from the 1jz and the rb it shud be easy

stuff farting around with the stock loom, nice new loom keeps it neat and simple.

assuming u got the cash for an aftermarket ecu of course.

I'm making my own mounts now, just lining up the engine and gearbox.

depends on how much of a cheap ass D.I.Y-er u are :dry:

changing the engines is pretty straight forward, as stated above custom engine mounts have been produced in s.a for a very cheap price( same as normal mounts) den buy ur self a 1jz engine loom and use the front engine plugs by just cutting them off with sum wire left 2 soldier onto the rb loom wire,

the loom plug mite be tricky.... if theres da same number of wires to the loom from the 1jz and the rb it shud be easy

We're all cheap ass DIY'ers aren't we? :) Looms are scary though..

d0rid0ri if you have time post some pics :)

do the custom mounts bolt up to the RB20 cross member? full aftermarket computer would easially be the way to go about it, instead of splicing, cutting and correcting with OEM looms.

i might do some sums and see what comes up :(

best price i could do for a 1jz manual half cut was 3k from a jzx81

btw my 2JZ in aristo made 255rwkw with an SAFC tune, exhaust and FMIC and thats through and autobox :(

would be easy another 20rwkw with a manual

A31: 3K for a manny hc from a JZX81 is f**king cheap man...has the right sump config you need too :D

what about it?

the inlet is no dramas whatsoever...as for the exhaust well a 1JZ has the dumps in the centre of the engine leaving you PLENTY of room for a decent front pipe and exhaust, if youre going a big single there shouldnt be any dramas either :thumbsup:

just asking because i wanted to know :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

some interesting info here. ive been wanting to do a 2jz cefiro conversion for quite a while now, but have been told by people (who arent very credible mind you) that it will cost an arm and a leg. may there just jealous :laugh:

given that it drops straight in, and ive even been told u can use standard mounts, and the loom is available, i cant see how hard it could be?

im not including labour mind u, im a cheapass d.i.yer as well

some interesting info here. ive been wanting to do a 2jz cefiro conversion for quite a while now, but have been told by people (who arent very credible mind you) that it will cost an arm and a leg. may there just jealous >_<

given that it drops straight in, and ive even been told u can use standard mounts, and the loom is available, i cant see how hard it could be?

im not including labour mind u, im a cheapass d.i.yer as well

dude you cant use stock mounts...you need to buy the 2Jizzle mounts...

loom for swap is expensive and not worth it...get an aftermarket comp and be happy :(