SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The serial no (If it is the small sticker on the back of the unit) is GSCII 05144 and the board is a D version

where was it purchased?

Good question

I bought it from another Skyline owner. It is brand new, box still sealed etc, but I don't know when he purchased it or from where. He sold it on because he went for an ecu remap instead.

Quick update Trent

Got sent a map from one of the guys on the SOC forum and tried it last night and the car ran perfectly. Came to the car this morning and running rough as hell again, with a definate smell of petrol until the engine died. Reconnected the stock ecu and ran fine. Drove the car 25 miles to work no problem. At work reconnected the emu and now the car won't even start. Is this starting to indicate a potential problem with the emu hardware? Harness should be OK, as it is a genuine Greddy N4 harness. Totally lost what to do next other than chuck the lot in the bloody bin and give up! :O

I've come across one annoying problem with the emanage, while stuffing around with the laptop when connected to the emanage with the car running somehow the map becomes corrupted and car runs megga rich on idle and can't rev past about 2 grand. However the problem is easily fixed, start a new map and then copy all the infomation across to the new map and car runs fine again....wierd.... its done this to me twice now.

Anyone know what a safe rev limit is on RB25 I want to push it up just a bit to say 7200, 6800 doesn't seem enough.

Edited by SevenAngryPenguins

I've had that happen too, but not since the latest software upgrade. When it's happened I've looked at the datalog and the emu has stopped outputting an afm signal. Start a new map and it's all fine again.

The hydraulic lifters on mine started complaining at 7500 so I wouldn't go above 7200. Personally, I left it at 7000 as I really don't need any more revs. Especially with a 3.7:1 ratio diff :O

I've had that happen too, but not since the latest software upgrade. When it's happened I've looked at the datalog and the emu has stopped outputting an afm signal. Start a new map and it's all fine again.

Yeah there was an old glitch in the software that did that on occasion but the new updates have cleared that up.

Quick update Trent

Got sent a map from one of the guys on the SOC forum and tried it last night and the car ran perfectly. Came to the car this morning and running rough as hell again, with a definate smell of petrol until the engine died. Reconnected the stock ecu and ran fine. Drove the car 25 miles to work no problem. At work reconnected the emu and now the car won't even start. Is this starting to indicate a potential problem with the emu hardware? Harness should be OK, as it is a genuine Greddy N4 harness. Totally lost what to do next other than chuck the lot in the bloody bin and give up! :O

is the temp reading accurate i the EMU datalog? if not you need to swap jumpers. D board does not have the inbuilt temp vs inj adapter built in.

Seems to be reading OK. Did a datalog when it was running OK yesterday from warm and was reading between 79-81 degrees on the datalog. Jumpers are still set to factory default.

which software update is that? I'm running 2.16 downloaded from mohdparts.com

yeah, is the emu updated? as i have not had that issue for months now.

um, emu has the 2.16 firmware as well it seemed to of done it when the laptop shut down and had to be restarted, well I think

yeah check it updated, then load say rb20 into your EMU then start a complete new rb25 setup file and load that into the EMU and see if it fixes your issues.

ok will do I'm pretty sure it updated the first time I connected it after the update though. Your boost cut settings worked as well thanks for that, I just had to change one of the settings a bit lower and it was all good. I Think my rubber intake was sucking closed as well, I reinforced it after the boost cut settings didn't work at first.

Edited by SevenAngryPenguins

Hi guys.... I plugged in and turned on my EMU yesterday. So many questions....

Firstly, I have a D board, is this a major issue???? Trent, if it is, can we do a deal re your spare E board?

Secondly, when I had it on the dyno (I got some free time from a place I used to work at), I couldnt make any changes stick.... I.e. whenever I changed the airflow adjustment map, the stock ECU brings the values back to lambda.... How do i get rid of this, as in turn on closed loop?

I'll think of some more no doubt

Hi guys.... I plugged in and turned on my EMU yesterday. So many questions....

Firstly, I have a D board, is this a major issue???? Trent, if it is, can we do a deal re your spare E board?

Secondly, when I had it on the dyno (I got some free time from a place I used to work at), I couldnt make any changes stick.... I.e. whenever I changed the airflow adjustment map, the stock ECU brings the values back to lambda.... How do i get rid of this, as in turn on closed loop?

I'll think of some more no doubt

if you want to tune in closed loop areas disconect the o2 sensor. Also dont use the airflow adjustment map use the injector map.

happy tuning :thumbsup:

I have a question regarding the airflow adjustment map. I have been tuning the car using the injector map and have got the afr's pretty good but not quite perfect as the afr can change a little bit from within the same rpm tuning square. I think I read in this thread somewhere that you can use the airflow adjustment to fine tune the afr by changing the maps scale for finer adjustment. Is this still possible when my airflow meter is maxed out? I only really want to clean up my high rpm afr's

I have a question regarding the airflow adjustment map. I have been tuning the car using the injector map and have got the afr's pretty good but not quite perfect as the afr can change a little bit from within the same rpm tuning square. I think I read in this thread somewhere that you can use the airflow adjustment to fine tune the afr by changing the maps scale for finer adjustment. Is this still possible when my airflow meter is maxed out? I only really want to clean up my high rpm afr's

use injector map 2 and set your scale from where you want to clean up, for example you have a weird spot at 6250 you camn actually run the map scale from 6000 to 7000 (6000-6500 etc) and have the scale real specific around your problem (see attached pic)

you can do the same with timing. All secondary maps work on top of map 1 so any adjustments on map2 will be added to map1 ; so if you have plus 15% fuel in map1 at 6250 and 5% at 6250 in map2 you will have a total of 20% extra fuel at 6250.

hope it helps

post-34927-1212502312_thumb.jpg