SAU Community

Buying R33 Gts-t From Interstate

BillyMako

I am looking at buying an R33 GTS-T from interstate.

What do i need to do if i want to register it here in SA? Does it matter if it comes with RWC or not?

Description-

130,000kms, 1994 model, genuine car, Rare Factory Black, 5sp manual with Electric Sunroof, Grade 3.5 Auction with NO accident histrory. Straight vehicle with good modifications, incl coilover supension, Blitz Adjustable Boost Controller, updated rear spoiler, Apexi N1 exhaust, Apexi Super AFC and Air intake, factory sunroof, runs very well, incl full compliance and RWC.

Thanks

RWC doesnt apply in South Australia..As far as Im aware of. Also as far as buying it interstate. When you bring the car into SA all you need to do is get the VIN number checked at regency or if your more than 50kms from there, a local cop shop and then you simply change over rego...Just try make sure the acar isnt moddded to much when going through regency or you will probably end up with a defect as well.

Good luck..

Beki :unsure:

Be sure your living 40km's out of the CBD so you can take it to the local cop shop for its identity check.

Otherwise its a regency job where they give it a brief looking over. :unsure:

So I was told when recently enquiring about the purchase of an interstate vehicle.

OR, you can get the owner to write a statement saying you have been living with them interstate for 3+ months, take it to a rego department over there, register the car in your name and then drive it back here. Then, all you need to do is fill in a form to transfer rego, no checks, nothing, simple :unsure:

Hi

I just recently bought a skyline from interstate exact same type as yours actually (black with sunroof) and you shouldnt have any probs getting it registered here, just make sure when your getting your vehicle id inspection done your car is pretty stockish looking cause i took mine to Sturt Cop shop and they had a full hard look over it. Other than that just make sure if you have tinting on car that its legal cause there really picky about that.

Edited by /2on

Hey,

Ive brought two R33's from interstate. Both through regency. No matter what they will do a VIN check ( was registered in my name in NSW ). First one was stock, just had an exhaust. Had no worries. Second one I bought in had tinted windows, exhaust, 18s stock air box. They wouldnt register it until i removed the window tinting. They are really big on window tinting and test every car, you won't get through with it on. Its not the same workshop that you would goto if you got defected. I found some of the employees there particularly unfriendly. Guess they have a shit job really. Its also rumoured that they check the passenger kick panel for aftermarket ECUs. If you can, make the car as standard and clean as possible when you go though, you will be fine.

Cheers