SAU Community

High Performance Tyre Survey

they come standard on the Porsche and Mercs now which replace the P-zeros

Something interesting is they were started in 1871. Pirelli Group were started in 1872 and Goodyear was started in 1898 which makes conti the first according to the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tire_companies

Edited by shaolin

The problem is Federal don't yet make (that I'm aware of) a genuine competition street tyre.

For what I call a comprimise tyre the Federal 595RS is a great tyre however. I've run on them for an Autocross day in an EVO 8MR and they were great. I use Falken Azien RT215's currently on my daily driver (MY03 WRX) and these tyres are nearly at and end and will look at replacing them with the Federals rather than the new RT615's. Along with the Toyo R1R's these are all classifed as street tyres in most competitions where true R Spec tyres bring class changes.

But the motorsport guys (including myself with my GT-R) are using genuine R comps.

Most of us that I know prefer the Bridgestone RE55's simply because the grip level is great and the cost is so much more reasonable than the Dunlops. I think a lot of us would use the Dunlop DJ02Z or even the new DJ03Z tyres but at around +$100 per corner more than the RE55's the costs can't be justified.

Tyres like the Advan A048, Michelin Pilot Sport Cups and Toyo R888's aren't providing the same grip levels as the Bridgestone or Dunlops and have the same price and wear levels so aren't regularly used either. But for the genuine motorsport guys you'll need a tyre with a UTQG of around 40-60 to get any real interest. I think from memory the 595RS are around 180.

Everything he said - he saved me typing it out :(

My favourite high-po street tyres are the Advan ad07

:(

Neova's rock! Im sad that this is going to be my last set on teh street car, but f**ked if im paying for another set to come from Japan

When the RE01R's wear out on the front of the track car, I will have another think on what I will change to but compared to AD07's both have postitives and negatives which put them pretty much equal.