SAU Community

Nsw Drift Championships And I Need An Engineer!

Hi all,

I've just been looking at the Wakefield Park website, and their holding the NSW Drifting Championships there on the 3rd of June. Is anyone going along?

And on a different note, I need to get my ceff engineered in NSW, and I've been recommended to John Wilson of AKZ engineering here in Queanbeyan. Anyone had any dealings with the guy? The one person I know who's dealt with him said he was pretty god, pretty thorough.

Cheers,

Mick

Wilson is tops he engineered my 1600 and gave me heaps of advice on things.. Dickson dont like him tho not sure why but prob cause he engineers heaps of cars and doesnt charge thousands of dollars like the "other two".

John did all my engineering when I brought in a handful of 15 year old R32 GTR's. I can't comment on one off experiences however I found him knowledgable and well priced.

I would have to agree with TeeJay1600 about the Dickson inspectors not holding him in the highest regard. Perhaps because he is in a position where he can and has challenged their interpretation and enforcement of the ADR's.

i'm thinking i might have to come along and check this out need help with anything ben?

Never say no to an offer of help :) Hopefully nothing will go wrong but come and say hi at the very least.

Never say no to an offer of help >_< Hopefully nothing will go wrong but come and say hi at the very least.

not a prob well i'm on holidays the week leading up to this so yeah plenty of spare time on mine hands so if you can use an extra pair of hands for anything let me know it'd be good to see what sort of work goes into getting the car ready for a drift round i'm hoping to have a good go at it as soon as my car is back (when ever that will be) but with coilovers, button clutch. mech lsd and 260rwkw, i think i should have a car quite suited to it

not a prob well i'm on holidays the week leading up to this so yeah plenty of spare time on mine hands so if you can use an extra pair of hands for anything let me know it'd be good to see what sort of work goes into getting the car ready for a drift round i'm hoping to have a good go at it as soon as my car is back (when ever that will be) but with coilovers, button clutch. mech lsd and 260rwkw, i think i should have a car quite suited to it

Sounds like it'll be a beast. It'll be awesome when that gets to the track.

Honestly there's not much to do between now and the day. Now that my week permit is over I'll wind the preload on the front coils back down, probably should do a service. I got my tyres from Jax yesterday (hope 6 rears last me the day).

Might see if I can find out why it wasn't boosting past 0.9bar on the dyno the other day. That's about it. It's a bit of a budget car so there's not all that much to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official now:

Entry list:-

Darren Appleton - QLD

Eugene Arendsen - QLD

Catherine Coleiro - VIC

Glen Drysdale - NSW

Travis Dunstan - VIC

Chris Easton - NSW

Leighton Fine - SA

Scott Gibbs - NSW

Brad Green - NSW

Jason Greenwood - NSW

Ashley James - NSW

Josh James - NSW

Chris Jones - NSW

Chris Laverick - NSW

Mike Laverick - NSW

Andrew McGregor - NSW

James Mijoc - NSW

Marcus Newark - NSW

Sam Pass - ACT

Lee Pidwell - VIC

Christian Pickering - SA

Matt Porter - NSW

Ben Ryan - NSW

Azhar Sadien - NSW

Cameron Stubbs - NSW

Michael Truscott - VIC

Igor Tunjic - NSW

Jarich van Horek - NSW

Eiji Wakamatsu - NSW

Nathan Weissel - NSW

Dean Williams - NSW

Dion Yandle - NSW

Though they've got me down as coming from NSW. Are you there Stinkypoo (I don't know your name)?