SAU Community

Fmic Help

Hey ppl,

The other day i installed a hybrid front mount on my 33 looks really good, now i have got a couple of questions:

The piping kit didint come with a nipple which was all good, just taped in a thread and screwed in a nipple and used some exhaust sealant, i did this on the cold side just before the plenum like (the stock one to the stock boost controller) i have since seen ppl with the same intercooler and they've put the nipple on the hot pipe?

Which way is best or correct and should it matter??

Also since installing it ive got the really cool sounding flutter even at low revs, i also blew off a join on the intercooler piping when going to boot it the first time. Ive since retightenend absolute evrything and im guessing that my blow off valve must be too tight since the fmic install causing it to vent back through the pod, thats my guess.

Can anyone also confirm this??

Cheers Rushy

i tapped a nipple in where you did and all everything seems fine...been about 3 months so i dont think it matters or at least it didnt with mine. I have no idea with regards to second question.

i tapped a nipple in where you did and all everything seems fine...been about 3 months so i dont think it matters or at least it didnt with mine. I have no idea with regards to second question.

So yours didnt flutter when you changed from stcok to the hybrid?

Has anyone else changed to a hybrid?

Im under the assumption that the flutter is bad, sounds really cool lol but reduces the life of your turbo, so i wanna reduce it as much as possible

according to alot of EBC's they want it on the hot pipe.. for the compressed air side of things

I thought a boost reading closer to the intake would be better but im only learning. Do u know why mate, and if it will make any difference?

I thought a boost reading closer to the intake would be better but im only learning. Do u know why mate, and if it will make any difference?

At a guess (im a noob too) they'd want it on the hot side as once its gone thru the FMIC, it will be cold, therefore more dence, once again therefore taking up less room in the IC pipes? :shrugs: Just a guess.. kinda makes sence to me at the moment.. :P