SAU Community

Show & Shine Meet Up/cruise/drive

ULOOOK

SHOW WILL NOW BE ON SUNDAY 1st JULY!

Here is the plan so we can all go together and not get lost.

Newcastle guys meet up at Twin Servos at Wallsend 5:30 am (for 5:45 leave)

Central coast people meet at Twin Servos on F3 at 6.00 am (for 6.15 leave when newcastle people drive through)

If people dont want to meet there wait on the freeway at some stage and wait for us to go by.

These times are not negotable as some of us have committed to help out and be there early. If your not on time we WILL leave without you .

If all goes to plan this should get us to Granville Park by about 8.30 am at the latest......I hope :cool:

PEOPLE COMING:

Newcastle Meet up:

D-D

JTRB25

monkeykplunk

NYL83R

ULOOOK

Brycey

DRAGTS

BOZ22N

Shane NEMO

MR.51.MN

Twin Servo Meet up:

Tinks

DJ Brave

Panda

bakker

BR3TT

Joe26f

Xmetal

265kw at the wheels holmes

Meeting us at Gosford exit

msnismo

subie

GTS-4SOME + 1

Addison - meeting us in Sydney

Anyone else just pm me or something so I can add you to the list :thumbsup:

This plan will still go ahead and I assume everyone plus more will still be attending :sleep:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving the twins at Wallsend at 5.45am and getting to the twins on the freeway at 6am. So, the cruise speed is 180km/hr down the freeway? Might be worth getting up that early for this cracking pace.

Just curious as I drive that way every day, and it take more than 15min doing 130km/hr.

Is there a second group that is heading down at a later time....just for those that can't be stuffed getting up at the sparrow fart time??

oooo early

Come on Dave you know you wanna :whistling:

Leaving the twins at Wallsend at 5.45am and getting to the twins on the freeway at 6am. So, the cruise speed is 180km/hr down the freeway? Might be worth getting up that early for this cracking pace.

Just curious as I drive that way every day, and it take more than 15min doing 130km/hr.

Is there a second group that is heading down at a later time....just for those that can't be stuffed getting up at the sparrow fart time??

You might drive that way every day but still doesnt help your reading skills!

It allows us from 5:45 till 6:15 to get there, so when all the Newcastle guys get there the Coastie's should be there ready and we can leave straight away. No one really wants to stand around chatting and freezing their butt's off at that hour of the morning. :rolleyes:

Do what you will but some of us have said we will help out at the show as the fairies just dont come and do it all ;)

Nothing wrong with my reading skills, it says meet central coast guys at 6am for a 6.15 leave.

If anyone else wants to head down later, let me know, otherwise I will make my own way with the others that will be with me.

it says meet central coast guys at 6am for a 6.15 leave.

Thats right central coast people meet at 6am. Newcastle people drive through at 6 15am :whistling:

Wallsend to twin servos on freeway = 30 mins.

Now now kiddies :whistling:

It may seem like an early time, but as has been said some of us are committed to helping out and this is the earliest we can get down there.

In actual fact, we should be down there earlier, but I refuse to leave any earlier than this.

Also, cars are allowed in from 8am, but keep in mind that people will not let in and out anytime they want this year, so there will be a cut off for when you can enter your car.

And by getting there early we can all park together for a much more enjoyable day.

We need a tarp and some tent poles! lol!

Oh well if we need to be down there by that time to get our cars in, then I spose I can make the early run :P

What time were you planning on leaving Jev? Puttting the 34 in as well?

I mean come on we have to be there by 9 am and gettting there at 8.30 is not at all that early!

I'm hoping we will be there earlier as I would hope there isnt too much traffic.

I will buy a pop up canopy thingo/tent thing for us to sit under if someone takes it down, I have NO room in my car. It should fit on a back seat.

6am at Twin servos .. *starts to curl up in a trembling ball*

Any of the coasties doing this? After all I have to travel 30 mins Nth to come back south! If no one else is insane enough to get up at that hour then il be waiting on the side of the F3 near the Gosford on ramp! :blush:

Just do that anyway Anna.

And if you have your CB on we can let you know when we're coming when we're close enough to get reception.

You will hear us coming at that hour of the morning :laughing-smiley-014:

Oh well if we need to be down there by that time to get our cars in, then I spose I can make the early run :D

What time were you planning on leaving Jev? Puttting the 34 in as well?

Looking at leaving at 8.30 and heading down with a friendly group.

Neither of the Skylines will be entering, they are well used on the track and western roads so the front bars are far from show worthy.

Are you entering?

Thats right central coast people meet at 6am. Newcastle people drive through at 6 15am :cool:

Wallsend to twin servos on freeway = 30 mins.

Your just a winning personality aren't you.

I went on a Forester GT/XT cruise the other day....and it was refreshing to be around people that are car enthusiasts and genuinely nice people instead of people with their head shoved so far up their arse with a complex of my car goes faster, my car looks better and my car has this.

With such helpful replies as above, no wonder Skyline owners get a bad name among other car enthusiast groups.

Hey a quick question

How many of the Newcastle people and coasties are making there way up for the shown and shine

I think there is about 10 of us going so far.

im in anna , but im a-f f fraid to take my car there, its in the worste state atm stupid defects.

Every Skyline is worthy of going to the show, they are all pretty. :cool: There are lots of prizes and give aways! Make sure you enter online too.

Are you entering?

Your just a winning personality aren't you.

I went on a Forester GT/XT cruise the other day....and it was refreshing to be around people that are car enthusiasts and genuinely nice people instead of people with their head shoved so far up their arse with a complex of my car goes faster, my car looks better and my car has this.

With such helpful replies as above, no wonder Skyline owners get a bad name among other car enthusiast groups.

So go buy a Forrester then.

I'm just trying to help everyone out so they can get there and not get lost.

To everyone else just ignore Jev he follows me round on every forum having a stab at me. It's old hat now.

I dont understand why you have to pick faults with everything I say Jev its really childish. Whatever the problem is please pm me so you can move on.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Agreed with the rest. Also at least based on my own research, there are no readily available stock or close-to-stock RB20Neo maps that you could download and use as a base were you to buy a complete standalone ECU, and the regular 20DET maps don't really work well so you'd need to take it to a tuner if you have no experience. I installed an AEM V2 on my 20Neo+T and had lots of headaches until I got it to run and idle properly but I've yet to remap it fully. You have to start building up your timing and fuel maps entirely from the ground up; even the ones for a 25 didn't work at all.
    • Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.