SAU Community

Running Ruff

hi guys nice site, im new to this and have not long owned my 95 r33 gts-t. my car idles at arond 1800grand and idling it cackles, crackles and pops and even when driving it runs a bit rough... can anyone tell me if it sounds like vacuum hoses, plugs, coil packs ect. or something else...

mods>

bigger turbo

stainless 3 inch with dump pipe

550cc injectors

microtech lt8 ECU

front mount

hks pod ect.

car puts out 221kw@wheels

thanks.

hi guys nice site, im new to this and have not long owned my 95 r33 gts-t. my car idles at arond 1800grand and idling it cackles, crackles and pops and even when driving it runs a bit rough... can anyone tell me if it sounds like vacuum hoses, plugs, coil packs ect. or something else...

mods>

bigger turbo

stainless 3 inch with dump pipe

550cc injectors

microtech lt8 ECU

front mount

hks pod ect.

car puts out 221kw@wheels

thanks.

Hi,

Should not idle at 1800RPM....who tuned it?

The tune could be on Jap fuel...some say this does not matter...but trust me,once you get a tune on a fuel type...they recommend you stick to that fuel.

Get a service and tune off some one who is familiar with the microtech unit.......which part of town are you from....can recommend if I know where you are.

Anyway don't push it past 6000Rpm until you are sure all is running well..

Cheers

Hi,

Should not idle at 1800RPM....who tuned it?

The tune could be on Jap fuel...some say this does not matter...but trust me,once you get a tune on a fuel type...they recommend you stick to that fuel.

Get a service and tune off some one who is familiar with the microtech unit.......which part of town are you from....can recommend if I know where you are.

Anyway don't push it past 6000Rpm until you are sure all is running well..

Cheers

thanks very much for your reply, im from tasmania and i got the car from sydney. the guy i bought it off said it was tuned by louis at drift garage in sydney. aparently drift garage did all work on the car. iv been running the car on premium fuel thinking that it would run a whole lot better not thinking it could change how the car idles and performs. i dont know what other people use.. when you said tune do you mean tuned on dyno? thanks

use ultimate fuel 98RON it was probably tuned on that. BP ultimate not sure if they got it in tas? should do

when i bought my r32 it was relatively stock with catback and pod and used on premium, it ran like shit, soon as i put in ultimate it ran alot better.

use ultimate fuel 98RON it was probably tuned on that. BP ultimate not sure if they got it in tas? should do

when i bought my r32 it was relatively stock with catback and pod and used on premium, it ran like shit, soon as i put in ultimate it ran alot better.

i will definatly give that a go. thanks