SAU Community

Boost Gauge Not Working

I've got a Greddy electronic boost gauge,

and a couple weeks ago i washed my engine, and ever since then the gauge started acting up

at first it didnt work at all, as in it wouldnt show the boost, then afterwards, it would show the boost being higher than it is, then it stopped again, and then it worked fine. and now it stopped again....

When it's not working, the warning light would keep flashing, anyone know exactly what that means?

i'm guessing the little cube with greddy printed on it could have gone bad?

What can I do?

I've got a Greddy electronic boost gauge,

and a couple weeks ago i washed my engine, and ever since then the gauge started acting up

at first it didnt work at all, as in it wouldnt show the boost, then afterwards, it would show the boost being higher than it is, then it stopped again, and then it worked fine. and now it stopped again....

When it's not working, the warning light would keep flashing, anyone know exactly what that means?

i'm guessing the little cube with greddy printed on it could have gone bad?

What can I do?

check your sender unit, probably playing up from getting wet... did you use degreaser?

hey dude! mines playing up as well! Mine kinds sits around 0 boost and just twitches! nothing when i accelerate.. just sits there twitching! I've been told its my sensor.. but i'm yet to find what part number it is so I can buy it!

why would you say that it's split?

why would it split by doing nothing in particular?

Sorry, only read the title I thought you were talking about the stock boost gauge and sensor.

Could be corroded parts if you got water in it. Pull the sensor apart and give all the metal parts a clean up with contact cleaner. If that doesn't work take it to an electrician as something has probably shorted out and they can test it for you.

It's never a good idea to spray water under the bonnet either.

i've cleaned my previous car's engine plenty of times, NEVER had a problem

even with the skyline, this is the only thing that went wrong, i should just remember to cover up the sensor next time

in that case, i might have found the part number from an ebay member.

PN 16401406. USD$35.00

that's what he suggested, but i havent confirmed it yet,

let me know if you find anything out