SAU Community

auto increase of boost due to exhaust?

ok, ive read about the automatic increase with boost when you change your exhaust from the standard one.

If someone has changed their standard exhaust from the cat back i would assume boost would slightly change.

would the boost change much again by replacing dump/front pipes?

definetly notice more midrange. when i got my exhaust done, the cat back arrived first, then about 3 weeks later the front pipe and the dump - you'll notice the difference. You will lose a bit of low end (barely noticeable), but the responsiveness and top end breathing is much better.

And of course only for off street use, decat it and throw flames!

oh but i do :) pulled over twice so far, no signs of defect / EPA... 'random' checks :)

BUT it is only a matter of time. Thank goodness my mate works at an exhaust shop that just happens to be an EPA test centre...

the boost increases due to the drop in the back pressure. read this from somewhere a few years ago, something bout physics and air wanting to flow from a high pressure area to a low pressure area.

therefore, when u lower ur back pressure, more air wants to go from the compressed, high pressure area, to the low pressure area, and thus ur boost rises automatically.

Guest RedLineGTR

get a boost gauge and check..most preformance is gained in the high end of the rpm range..when ya put ya foot down.

I gained better midrange response and 10rwkw across the board when upgrading my standard front pipe to a 3" frontpipe + 3" cat.

Ronin.. you must help those of us out that get busted..hahaha

I have a cat back system, but running a silencer which keeps it nice and quiet. I know i'm not making the most out of the system, but would this still flow better than stock?

Cheers,