SAU Community

Clutch Shudder

the clutch shudders mainly in 1st and reverse when let out slowly with too little revs. i was told this would happen, its a 5button clutch with VERY heavy plates.... should this happen? as macka has got me worried it might be something wrong:D i always just accepted it...

Faaark im getting my clutch put in tonight

I dont think i need a Brass button

If it comes back shuddering i will shudder da mechanic hehe

What are you guys running for how much horsepower?

Do u know brand? pressure plate strength in lbs?

Jimbo ive heard the worse thing u can do with those is ride them! burns them out.

I just got an Organic 2500 pressure plate in mine and it pulls up hard, is fairly heavy but nice and progressive and now i spin 3rd :-)

Was $360

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EVL-R33

ey guys, i had my car for bout 2 months now, its a 93 r33 gts-t around 85'ks on the clock and the clutch died on me last week :D

Now i want a clutch dat will hold up to around 200rkw, and something dat will last a long long time, and i know it all depdends on how u treat it, the thing is im pretty much a normal driver but every so often i will have fun if u know what i mean :D just the thing is i dont wanna buy a clutch and its gonna die on me again, the clutch dat died was a Standard r33 clutch,

ive had suggestions for a Exedy Daikin 5 Button Spring Centered Clutch? any good ? i would really appreciate any1s help,

• 2 weeks later...

Man Whats wrong with you guys, I loooove heavy clutches.

I hate a light clutch, drives me crazy, my cousin had a 4 tonne clutch in his ET turbo and i loved it to death, you can acutally feel the car with a heavy clutch. My clutch is on its way out and i want a real heavy clutch, but im tryin to sell the car, so im not sure if ill spend big dollars on it. When i got my r32 clutch replaced it came back half as light as it was before so i sold the biatch. Couldnt stand it. I felt like my foot was gonna go through the floor.

I dont know if i could stand a brass button, my mates got one and its a biatch to drive...what else would you guys reccomend for a nice heavy clutch...