SAU Community

I'm Ready To Put A Bomb Under The F@#$ing Thing!

I don't believe your tuner flow tested your pump before installing it. That would be weird and totally unnecessry in all but the most hardcore situations.

I would check that the pump is installed properly and securely. The sock fits back on those pumps so it should be there. In particular the mouting bracket should be in place and the plug into the pump should be secure. Also as mentioned it wouldn't hurt to swap pumps to see if that helps.

Try cleaning your AFM with contact cleaner.

Do you have an oil/air separator (catch can). Oil vapours could be "infecting" your intake air. And that will severely reduce the effective octane of the whole air / fuel combo.

Another possibility is a worn piston or 2 slopping around in the bore, "simulating" knock. Have you done compression and leak down tests on the engine.

• 1 month later...

We think we have found the problem!, took it to the tuner and let him have it til he fixed/found the problem.

He replaced FPR got injectors cleaned and serviced ran direct wiring from battery to fuel pump, still the problem was there, last thing it could be was fuel pump, took it out and found the sock was full of black shit!!! replaced the sock with a new one and cleaned out the tank, problem gone! yippee. Thank fark for that. retuned and running great again.

Running a very safe tune at the moment as want to be 100% its fixed so i'll drive it for a few weeks like this and see how it goes. Made 185rwkw so not too shabby, tuner said he can get more but wants to run safe to make sure.

Cheers for the people who tried helping.