SAU Community

R32 4stud Brakes

Hi there

Was wanting to find out some information about the R32 4-stud (GTS and GTS25) brake setups.

Specifically rotor dimensions (diameter, thickness, and venting)

And caliper types (4pot / 2pot / singlepot, and weather the GTS25 / GTS calipers are the same, or the GTS25's are the same as GTST ones, or what)

Any gurus able to help me?!

I'm also keen to know, what the setup is on the rear?

I'm assuming it would be the same as the cefiro/laurel, in that it is 4 stud, but still has the drum style handbrake separate from the calipers.

Or do they use cable operated calipers (like the silvia?)

gts25 front are 280mm x 28mm and use single piston calliper

i cant remember the size of the rears but both are the same diameter but th gts25 ones are thicker and are vented. gts are solid non vented. both have single piston callipers.

the gts fronts are smaller diameter than the gts25 ones but are vented and single piston calliper.

i cant remember the size of the rears but both are the same diameter but th gts25 ones are thicker and are vented. gts are solid non vented. both have single piston callipers.

the gts fronts are smaller diameter than the gts25 ones but are vented and single piston calliper.

i also have a 4 studs brake system on my r32 as well. braking on those sucks pretty bad esp on high speed, the steering start to shake which indicate the rotors are warping. these brakes are pretty small. i'm planning to drop an rb26 in and i have already got my hands on some r33 gtst type m brake system already. however i only got the rotors, calipers and rear hubs. so i would still need 5 studs front hubs. does anyone know if the z32(300zx) or any other car share the same exact knuckle and hubs as the r32 gtst front hubs?

twin piston sliding on the fronts

single piston sliding on the rear