SAU Community

Wsid 11/7

B-Man

i know i know....its on the cards....getting oil cooler fitted....prob do it then.....

tomorrow should be good but it will definitely be busy.....very busy even.....so make the best of ur runs.....im getting there early to beat the 7pm rush....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best news i have heard all day.....they would easily fill both these nights each week......i can understand y they cant do it all year round......

friday nights are quieter, i feel anyway....

Hi guys, I'll heading out there tomorrow for my maiden 1/4 run.

Hope to meet all you sau nsw members there for the first time too.

Look out for a silver Gtt with black bonnet and wheels and say hi. I would love to have a chat with you guys and maybe you can show me hows it done. *nervous*

cheers

Jason

all you have to remember for your first few runs, is screw the christmas tree lights! lol! :( just launch when you are comfy.. no need to feel the pressure of going on green :) the only time that that will be slow is your response time, and you shouldn't care about that on your first few runs! Just take your time and launch...

remember the clock starts ticking once you're over the line, not from the green light :)

Yeah FORGED listen to MONA she is a FAST chick with massive burn outs.

R/T (reaction time) how long it takes you to react get off the line after the light has turned green doesn't affect your ending 1/4 mile time ET

So say i race you, let you go first and i wait and get myself comfortable and 5-10seconds after you leave i take off and run my time you get your time blahblah and i still get my 12.5 it doesn't affect it.

The timer starts when YOUR car starts moving.

yeah thats a good point if u werent aware....time starts wen u more so take ur time and smash it.....its not the end of the world if u make an absolute meal of it....write it off as learning....

Yeah FORGED listen to MONA she is a FAST chick with massive burn outs.

R/T (reaction time) how long it takes you to react get off the line after the light has turned green doesn't affect your ending 1/4 mile time ET

So say i race you, let you go first and i wait and get myself comfortable and 5-10seconds after you leave i take off and run my time you get your time blahblah and i still get my 12.5 it doesn't affect it.

The timer starts when YOUR car starts moving.

i think we made our point....3 ppl...damn...

lol! you guys explained it so much better than me! its been so long i forget all the terminology! lol!

i just love those two wheeling launches! those guys launch when they damn well want to! the best bit is when you're halfway down the track and you're thinking.. YEAH BABY! then those beasts just cruis on past.. DOH!!!

such a rush though :( you'll love the experience forged :)

oh.. something else that also helps... music blasting! :) it made me sooo much more relaxed :)

thanks guys and i got the point :( will not try to race the guy next to me like infront of traffic lights, not that I do it anyway.

4th gear should be enough to get me to the end right? what signs on the track tell me where the finish line is? I have no idea what the track end looks like lol n00b

music??? saving power.

dont think i got the nuts to do those wheelie launches.....stick to the line...

dont like the idea of shifting while the fronts are in the air.....

lol! you guys explained it so much better than me! its been so long i forget all the terminology! lol!

i just love those two wheeling launches! those guys launch when they damn well want to! the best bit is when you're halfway down the track and you're thinking.. YEAH BABY! then those beasts just cruis on past.. DOH!!!

such a rush though you'll love the experience forged :)

oh.. something else that also helps... music blasting! :( it made me sooo much more relaxed :)

your explaination wasn't too bad, quite visual infact :) wouldnt the helmet blockout the music anyway? I have a fully enclosed motorcycle style helmet.

keep going until u pass the time towers....thats what i do....

u might not hit 4th....it wasnt until i hit 200kw and around 13.3 i really needed to shift to 4th....

usually at the top of 3rd crossing the line....a good run i shifted across the line...

thats weird...definitely over 160 in 3rd....

what annoys me is that i shift to 4th a good sec or 2 from the end and the fastest i have gone is jsut over 170....

what does my head in is that my fastest time trap speed is less then when i bog down then launch it hits prob 1.5mph higher....

thanks guys and i got the point :( will not try to race the guy next to me like infront of traffic lights, not that I do it anyway.

4th gear should be enough to get me to the end right? what signs on the track tell me where the finish line is? I have no idea what the track end looks like lol n00b

lol! nah of course you do!!! but i know i didn't need the pressure of out launchng my neighbour at the start :) and i'm usually pushing 4th by the time i get to the end... and you will have PLENTY of run off.. cause i found i was releasing the pedal as soon as i approached the time boards... keep the pedal to the floor till you are past :)

music??? saving power.

dont think i got the nuts to do those wheelie launches.....stick to the line...

dont like the idea of shifting while the fronts are in the air.....

NEIN!!!!!! :) lol! i enjoy the music.. usually its blasting and i doubt it'll take that much power! lol!

your explaination wasn't too bad, quite visual infact :) wouldnt the helmet blockout the music anyway? I have a fully enclosed motorcycle style helmet.

yeah same :) thats why its turned up :) iono :) i just like it cause it relaxes me and makes me forget everyones watching :)

but u got to go for the fast reaction time money....launch on the second orange light.....thats what i do....pretty constant times.....fastest was .005 and that night that didnt win me anything....brother did a .009 and took 2nd....bs

last week some guy got the .000 and took the jackpot....but didnt take too much...went off fairly recently