SAU Community

Brand New D2r Hid Globes, Direct Drop-in For R34's With Factory Hid, 2 X 6000k And 1 X 8000k

666DAN

As the title says, these are brand new drop-in replacements for those highly expensive HID D2R factory globes.

Can be replaced in minutes, I've got

2 x 6000K sets (very white)

1 x 8000K set (slight blue hue) SOLD

$75 for a set (2 globes) delivered express throughout Australia.

Hey Dan, how do these compare with the stock HID's? (The 6000k ones)

And would it match the color of your LED's?

They're very close in colour to the LEDs actually, I always think (being fussy) the stock HID are slightly less blue than the LEDs. This could be due to age of my factory ones though. Also the new bulbs have a slight colour shif after 500 hours and get a bit white-bluer.

whats the kelvin rating on the stock HID's?

And can the wiring/loom handle 8000k

8000K refers to the colour temperature, they don't use any more current load than the stock globes, these are 35W just the same.

I've heard figures of 4200-4700K for stock...I'm tending toward the 4700K

i got 2 sets of dan awsome xennon bulbs .. huge diff over stock 4200k xennons.. thanks a bunch bud for them :banana: well worth the money

P.S my fatory booklet states mine was a 4200K maybe the earlier ones were different??.. 8000K is worth it :yes:

Edited by 53XYN

does the 8000k still light up as much or more as the standard ones?

I haven't done the 6000K side by side with the 8000K, but it was brighter than the stock ones, just with a bluer tinge to it. My stock ones are older though and probably getting toward the end of their useful life.

i tried to take out my globes today and found out that there is a star shaped allen like key thing there.

WHERE THE HELL DO I GET ONE AND WHAT SIZE IS IT!!!???

Can any of you guys help me? As i'm getting a set off dan.

Cheers

I just use a plier to bend the plastic stopper and turn anti-clockwise.. :D

i don't want to be doing that.

knowing me, i'd break alot of things

You turn the cover with one hand, keeping pressure on it, flip the plastic tab with your finger slightly and it'll jump over the screw. When you do it up, just don't force it past when you screw the cover back.

You turn the cover with one hand, keeping pressure on it, flip the plastic tab with your finger slightly and it'll jump over the screw. When you do it up, just don't force it past when you screw the cover back.

Hey ,mate.

Just sent the payment through.

Please send me a set of 6000k globes.

Also which way do i turn the covers and how much do i turn them to take it off?

Is there no place that sell the star shaped allen keys? :laugh: