SAU Community

Tyres

Hi Guys,

Looking at buying some new / slightly used tyres as wondering where others shop in canberra?

I've decided on 235/40/18 but didnt want to go overboard with price...

Any recommendations appreciated

cheers

Edited by ASTRO_R33

Talk to Bullet 22 about Federal Tyres - my Federal 595rs's were so sticky at Wakefield that we had the little GTS-T up on two wheels on the last corner, and they're street legal. They might have something a bit harder that will last longer than the 595rs's and may be a bit cheaper too.

My lap times have improved significantly since getting the Federals, so I only have good things to say about them.

there is a place in fyshwick that does second hand tyres for ok prices i forget what they are called though... in saying that if bullet32 can help you out with some federals you should be happy. If you want a tyre other then federals give Marc out at Discount Tyre Service Belco a call he has hooked me up with to many tyres to list at great prices. Also a top bloke and always up for a chat.

there is a place in fyshwick that does second hand tyres for ok prices i forget what they are called though... in saying that if bullet32 can help you out with some federals you should be happy. If you want a tyre other then federals give Marc out at Discount Tyre Service Belco a call he has hooked me up with to many tyres to list at great prices. Also a top bloke and always up for a chat.

You're thinking of Northwest Tyres. They're ok, but I bought a set of tyres there and scrubbed them out in 10,000km. You get what you pay for though.

Secondly, Marc left Canberra 2 weeks ago for sunny Hervey Bay in Qld, and no longer works at Goodyear Autocare (Previously Discount Tyre Service) in Belconnen. I would still recommend them for a good set of tyres as the guys that work there really know their stuff about tyres.

Secondly, Marc left Canberra 2 weeks ago for sunny Hervey Bay in Qld, and no longer works at Goodyear Autocare (Previously Discount Tyre Service) in Belconnen. I would still recommend them for a good set of tyres as the guys that work there really know their stuff about tyres.

wtf is this just a holiday and does he still work at the Gungahlin one ??? lame...

wtf is this just a holiday and does he still work at the Gungahlin one ??? lame...

My understanding is that he still has an interest in the the two (Gungahlin and Belconnen) but has started another one down at Jervis Bay.

My understanding is that he still has an interest in the the two (Gungahlin and Belconnen) but has started another one down at Jervis Bay.

Yep thats the message I received as well. Marc will be back and forth a bit but spending most of his time down the Bay (the other bay).

Hi Guys - yes you are right and yes you are wrong. I have sold the Gungahlin store but still own the Belconnen store. All Discount Tyre Service stores have been re-badged Goodyear Autocare stores.

Also, I have moved to Hervey Bay and purchased another business - brake, clutch and steering.

If you are looking for tyres in Canberra pm me as I can still organise the right price for you at Belconnen.

In my absence - enjoy the cold 'cause I can guarrantee you that I am enjoying the warmer weather.

Hi guys,

quick note to say that i got Marc to help me out at the belco store.

Big thanks to Marc and the guys at the store who were very helpful!!!!!

Wow...never knew that an r33 actually handled :P

Edited by ASTRO_R33

Hi guys,

quick note to say that i got Marc to help me out at the belco store.

Big thanks to Marc and the guys at the store who were very helpful!!!!!

Wow...never knew that an r33 actually handled :P

What did you get?

Federal's I hope? :)

Wow...never knew that an r33 actually handled :)

wow...

So like if you went and did the SK thing, you'd shit your pants right?

All skylines have the basis of good handling, all it needs to be done is maintained and not put logs on for tyres