SAU Community

Targa Tasmania Question

padey

Hi all.

For those of you who have competed in Targa Tasmania, what was involved in preparing your car?

I'm investigating competing in Targa Tassie 08 in the rookie rallye section and just need to work out the costs of preparing my current road going car.

I guess i need a half roll cage, driver+navigator harnesses, toe hooks front and rear.........

Any info would be great.

ap

I'm not sure....but you would need a FULL roll cage, fire extinguisher, tow hooks, harnesses, terra-trip?? and many other things.

Others can answer a lot better than me though...

Ok well if you go to the targa page, there is a requirament list.

We competed in Targa Rookie Classic Class C.

We needed:

Fire extuinguisher

Battery cut out

Fuel Cut out if fitted with electronic pumps

Role cage, Cams approved with papers, seamless tube, all bent and wealded as per the rules

Fire suits, gloves and face mask, ADR approved helmett.

You need a first aid kit

Triangle for breakdowns

Tow points in red, indicated with a sticker

These are the main have toos

Then thre is a whole heap more, like battery triangle stickers, they give you those, tiedowns for any loos items, Terra trip is not required at all. MAKE SURE You have good pace notes, we didn't and crashed. LOL.

Your car needs to be registered and road legel, well roar registered under special interest at least, so all lights must be functioning ect.

Edited by WogsRus

You need a minimum of a 5 point harness (and remeber to have it realy tight, or your balls get mashed), there's rumers going around that bolt in cages mightn't be accepted soon, but that is only a rumer. But if you do it, put a weld-in in, it's worth it if you do crash.

how many mods does your car have? because the cars are mostly standard parts.

The targa site has all the regs up, and a link to the cams technical regs.

What you need more than anything...is a car you can thrash for 3 days without it breaking down in any way....so have a think about what sort of condition everything is in and what you might need to replace. Like Ben said it has to be pretty much standard too so you might have to remove bits you already have.

Cage is probably the hardest thing - you can get a bolt in one so you can remove it, but it needs to be a full cams compliant one - think $1500min.

Was your wedding photo in the paper the other day Stu?? It was a Stuart Benson and looked a bit like you....but it might've been a funny angle and I wasn't sure.......

Yes mate that was me, obviously Kylie is a very lucky girl!

The photographer wanted to use that shot for promo and I wondered where it was going to show up.

The Targa Tasmania 2007 2 disc DVD will be out next week if you wana see the action from this year.

There is about 7 hours of footage between the two classic and modern discs.

is there any party dvd's left?

I'll find out for you.....Or Benno might have acces to some....

The boss is away at the moment so might have to wait till he comes back to find out where the stash is.....

Willy...

grr we ordered and paid for a party dvd at the same time we ordered the offical one.....neither has arrived yet - I know the offical one is delayed but its really the party tape should be here by now :D

ummmm did I forget to tell you I told the guys to send the DVDs together.... :P

sav_man - Yeah I think we've still got some, will check.

Duncan& Kel - They will both be worth the wait!

The DVD would have been released sooner as dat16 and the SCTV team finished them some time ago, but they all arrived back from production with the wrong covers and these had to be printed.

In regards to the party DVD's I have located the source here at work and can supply copys at the nominal fee of Twenty dollars.....

We can also do packages that include all shots of you'r vehicle compiled, along with a personalised party tape version that has shots of you'r vehicle inserted into it....

Obviously there is more cost involved in the vehicle compile's and party tape inserts. Those that may be interested will need to contact me for details... I personaly have done many compiles and they can take anywhere from 1/2 an hour to 2 hours depending on how many shots you have to locate.....I think there is somewhere in the vicinity of 70 to 80 tapes from this year!!!!!! :action-smiley-069::(

I am at you'r service.......