SAU Community

-

_bobo_

You mean they thrashed your car around at the docks? Have you got some sort of evidence that can back that claim up? If not then cant do much bout it.

Edited by vietorious

hmmm nah like driving it around and rpm redline..but something along the lines of the customs wouldnt let relase of the car until some documents of purchase were proven as the car was undervauled or purchased to cheaply for the cars value or something..i have no idea :D any help

Probably some Government bullshit to hold your car at the docks for longer because its an import, and so they can charge you for storage and screw you over some more.

Like the import duty + GST + stamp duty wasn't enough.

Good luck with it, I hope you get it soon..

Thanks,

Abu

Probably some Government bullshit to hold your car at the docks for longer because its an import, and so they can charge you for storage and screw you over some more.

Like the import duty + GST + stamp duty wasn't enough.

blk_sz, drop me a PM, interested in which import company you are using.

My car was also redlined but I was less lucky, they decided that the telegraphic transfers and auction paperwork was not enough evidence, they believe the car was undervalued so they forced an independent valuation.

The valuation came up higher than the price I paid for it, however I've been stuck for over 6 weeks so at this point I'm just paying the extra $$$ to get the car out, I think I just got unlucky, overall its still pretty cheap but I still feel ripped off, I'll be lodging a complaint to my importer to complain to customs about the extra $$$ and ridiculous amount of time to get it out of there.

The storage guys are been nice and providing discounts.

Regards,

Gareth

My car was also redlined but I was less lucky, they decided that the telegraphic transfers and auction paperwork was not enough evidence, they believe the car was undervalued so they forced an independent valuation.

The valuation came up higher than the price I paid for it, however I've been stuck for over 6 weeks so at this point I'm just paying the extra $$$ to get the car out, I think I just got unlucky, overall its still pretty cheap but I still feel ripped off, I'll be lodging a complaint to my importer to complain to customs about the extra $$$ and ridiculous amount of time to get it out of there.

Regards,

Gareth

That really sucks man.

My car arrived on Friday 27th (just passed) and was supposed to be cleared from the Terminal on Friday. Unfortunately my compliance guy hasn't got the import approval after assuring me that he will have it by Friday 27th.

Now car is stuck there until I can get the VIA, which I'm praying is on Monday, well today actually so we can have it cleared.

Hope I don't have the same problem, I am really worried at the moment.

They say it wont pass the inspection first shot, as many don't, so it will have to go through for a 2nd time..

Hope it all works out for you man..

Thanks,

Abu

I too would be interested in knowing which import company you used. I've been getting an increasing number of calls about such things occurring. Is the car coming off the docks in Melbourne? Keep us informed of you you go with it.

That really sucks man.

My car arrived on Friday 27th (just passed) and was supposed to be cleared from the Terminal on Friday. Unfortunately my compliance guy hasn't got the import approval after assuring me that he will have it by Friday 27th.

Now car is stuck there until I can get the VIA, which I'm praying is on Monday, well today actually so we can have it cleared.

Hope I don't have the same problem, I am really worried at the moment.

They say it wont pass the inspection first shot, as many don't, so it will have to go through for a 2nd time..

Hope it all works out for you man..

Thanks,

Abu

Dont you have to have a import approval before the car comes into the country? well i did anyway?

Dont you have to have a import approval before the car comes into the country? well i did anyway?

Hey

Um yeah its best to have it before the car actually arrives, but as long as you have it when it arrives its fine.

My car arrived on Friday 27th July, I had the import approval on Monday 30th July. Faxed it through, and was told 24hours for customs clearance, 24hours for AQIS inspection then will be ready for pickup.

Its now Thursday 2nd of August and no car still. It failed the first AQIS inspection (total fkn scam) and is now going for a 2nd at a nominated AQIS inspection station, which happens to be pretty far away from me and the docks, so the car has to get towed.. at my expense!! + steam cleaning fee.. which is the most I have ever seen!

A further $200.00 on top of the shipping, customs clearance, storage, tax, stamp duty and all the other bullshit like booking fee's, quarantine charges and so on, are now applicable.

Anyways cant do much.. They are taking there sweet time doing everything, but I hope to have the car on Friday. According to the company that are clearing it, if the transport of the car to the new AQIS inspection place takes longer, and they are busy and cant do the steam clean + inspection, I will be looking at pickup earliest Monday 6th August.. :thumbsup:

Anway's, just thought I would share.. don't know why, just feel pissed off.

Thanks,

Abu

Regards,

Gareth

Sorry to hear about your experience, hope you get it soon.

Sure makes me feel better, 6 weeks is ages and I'm complaining about a few days!

They always screw you once the car arrives at the docks. Customs and AQIS are the biggest waste of time + money.. ever!

Anyways, if I get started I will never stop, so I will leave it there lol

Good luck with it man, hang in there, it will work out in the end. Make sure you lodge that complain, things need to change with the processes needed to get a car into the country, its so timely and costly not to mention inconvenient.

Thanks,

Abu

I have no idea what their doing with your car abu!

I say, if they havn't steamed cleaned it or put water in your washer bottle and charge you $50

Or whatever else that they plan to do! We'll just go pick it up Friday afternoon! :sleep: