SAU Community

Genuine 260rs Vin No's

petrolfix

i need a vin so i can go to nissan and get me some new fog lights and blinkers that live in the front bar of a 260rs s2 and the r33m-spec.

need to now what the s2 260 rs vin's start with and and end. if any body knows this info and could post it up whould be much appreciated. if anyone owns a genuine 260 rs wwhould appreciate if you could post your vin up (don't post up the whole thing not wise idear.) post up like this WGNC3415****** or somthing similar but be shure to leave the important ones in that dictate the build type and what month in what year .

:P

WGNC34-134043--------http://www.showatrade.com/freetour/DetailF.asp?MAKER=NISSAN&LOT=6502

I have been looking to buy an rs260 for import to the uk for quite a while and have collected between 20 and 30 auction sheets as comparisons

Because some were put in the auctions more than once I asked for and kept the chassis numbers so I could tell which were fresh vehicles. Hence I have about 20 rs260 chassis numbers.

They all start WGNC34 which is the prefix for all 4wd stageas . The number seems to have been given to the car in order of manufacture. From the numbers I have there is no pattern to the chassis number as all rs260s were cars specially ordered and then modified by autech. There certainly does not appears to be a block of numbers for autech cars.

Originally they all had rb25 engine allocated to them and the vin plate on the ones I have seen has started rb25 not rb26. so I dont think the vin number is a reliable way of confirming its a rs260 unless one goes back to nissan with it.

This my experience but If anybody has better info I will happily defer to them.

WGNC34-134043--------http://www.showatrade.com/freetour/DetailF.asp?MAKER=NISSAN&LOT=6502

:D

thanks heaps. and thanks for showing us where you got it

lifsaver. >_<

I'd have to agree with RSVFOURUK..

I believe the Autech cars were just ordered here and there, and then made to be what they are today. Makes it tricky to prove that yours is a genuine 260rs! There is chassis stiffening in the rear end, correct? Are there any different marks there at all? Different welds or something?

Edited by jasevr4

. so I dont think the vin number is a reliable way of confirming its a rs260 unless one goes back to nissan with it.

thats exactly what iam doing with it. going back to nissan. as helpfull as the lazy cts are at kloster spares they won't give me any parts or spend time trying to cross refrence them for me for any import. the only way he will give me any part is if i have the exact factory part no or the car that i need that excact part from. so no i have this vin no. i will go to nissan and order on left fog light one left blinker one right fog light and one right blinker. for the 260rs.

as mine is only the rsfour s they wernt listed for it and the guy told me he couldn't get them for it with my vin he is such a pain the ar$3

after reading rsfouruk's post i hope that these lights do come up as a part for the autec or iam screwed will let you know how i go

y is the 260rs bar rio diffrent to all the others???

more air for the front mount? different set of indicators?

from memory 260RS vin's will ID the vehicle as an autech on FAST.

Edited by muck

y is the 260rs bar rio diffrent to all the others???

It looks like it has holes to allow air to flow through the vents either side of the no. plate, on the RS260 bar.

Ive been having alot of problems with the same group of Kloster's Wan#@rs.

To tell a genuine autech car should be easy if its in the flesh .

It would have HICAS and an rb 26 engine. Although the engine/gearbox swop has certainly been done ( I have one) I dont know anyone who has considered fitting HICAS to a non HICAS car .

Other differences lots more welding at the rear.

Speedo is different as auto ones have the gear indicator lights. Also will have different center consul and wont have the 4wd lock,

Think they all had lsdiffs as well. Brakes were uprated and the rs260 rear shocks are fork fitting not eye as on the other stageas .Seats were different. etc

As the autech car was a rb25 that was modified it is theoretically possible to do exactly the same mods but I cant beleive anyone would do all the above and the bodykit as well .But if they did and used an rsfour S as the starter did I doubt anyone could prove it wasnt an Autech car without the log book/registration document.

Edited by RSVFOURUK

It would have HICAS and an rb 26 engine. Although the engine/gearbox swop has certainly been done ( I have one) I dont know anyone who has considered fitting HICAS to a non HICAS car .

Speedo is different as auto ones have the gear indicator lights. Also will have different center consul and wont have the 4wd lock,

Think they all had lsdiffs as well. Brakes were uprated and the rs260 rear shocks are fork fitting not eye as on the other stageas .Seats were different. etc

As the autech car was a rb25 that was modified it is theoretically possible to do exactly the same mods but I cant beleive anyone would do all the above and the bodykit as well .But if they did and used an rsfour S as the starter did I doubt anyone could prove it wasnt an Autech car without the log book/registration document.

thanks for that info and yes your 100% corrct except for the rear shocks my rsfour s has the fork fype as aposed to the single sided bolt set up. and yes mine come with hicas lsd gtr driveline just copped diffrent interior and rb25det and mine being factory manual came with manual dash and no 4wd lock botton and standard brakes

but as far as mine and autech goes the front bar will resemble one. i like it that way and am still proud of being an

of being an rs four s .

specialy packing 200rwkw

They actually have the same dash cluster as the rs4. The gear indicator lights dont work though. From memory the rs4 had hicas also??? Could be wrong.

They actually have the same dash cluster as the rs4. The gear indicator lights dont work though. From memory the rs4 had hicas also??? Could be wrong.

Other than the 260RS, I think it was only the RS-Four S that had HICAS (and an LSD too, IIRC).

Other than the 260RS, I think it was only the RS-Four S that had HICAS (and an LSD too, IIRC).

Yes thats what I thought hence the idea that a modded rs 4 S would be difficult to spot.

Have had the same problem with ordering parts from Japan especially as mine has a rb26 engine in it .

I wanted a series 2 rear light as I broke one . The twats would not order them however I described them - even sent them a photograph of my series 1 with series 2 lights . didnt help even though they knew the difference.

So I had to get a series 2 chassis no from the auction and quoted that on the order - Job done.

I think their minds work in a different way. Its easier to just do it the way they want . So I have had to get chassis nos for all the models and just order parts with the relevant chassis no.

Anyway hope you get the right part OK.

went to nissan parts today bad news the above vin whouldn't come up at all. so no autec lights yet. was speaking to the toyshop and showed him the blinker i wanted and said it was nismo not nissan(has nissan printed on the glass) told that to the nissan parts worker he just looked at me blankly and said don't deal with nismo equipment. ok. so i gave him my vin no. and manged to get a power steering belt (at least that was somthing) then i asked him about the hooks that hold the cargo blind open (or closed wich ever way you look at it) he searhed for a wile i even showed him the clip and told him where it lives and he looked at me ans said can't find it you might have better luck if you fone up and someone else looks for you. man they piss me off.

does anybody know the part no. of those little hooks i need both sides?

Check your broken lights, they uaually have the part number moulded in them

You may be able to get enough of the number for nissan to look it up.

tryed that didn't work

• 3 months later...
went to nissan parts today bad news the above vin whouldn't come up at all. so no autec lights yet. was speaking to the toyshop and showed him the blinker i wanted and said it was nismo not nissan(has nissan printed on the glass) told that to the nissan parts worker he just looked at me blankly and said don't deal with nismo equipment. ok. so i gave him my vin no. and manged to get a power steering belt (at least that was somthing) then i asked him about the hooks that hold the cargo blind open (or closed wich ever way you look at it) he searhed for a wile i even showed him the clip and told him where it lives and he looked at me ans said can't find it you might have better luck if you fone up and someone else looks for you. man they piss me off.

does anybody know the part no. of those little hooks i need both sides?

well got my stag home after 15 weeks at the smash repairer and the power stering belt i ordered from nissan is wrong god damn those pricks. does any one now where to download fast from?