SAU Community

Moving On

Terminal

Well mine time in the Nations Capital is coming to an end. I've decided to move back to my home town of Bathurst to be closer to my family now that I've started mine. I'll be leaving in about 6 - 8 weeks with the wife and kid in tow.

I'll still frequent the ACT in my travels as the missus has a lot of friends down here now, and the Bathurst car scene doesn't really have the same vibe as it does here.

Now here comes the painful news. I'm going to be selling the madwagon. I'll be driving about 35 - 40 minutes through bush each day for my new job, and I want to get a car that's a bit more kangaroo and insurance friendly. So tell your friends that I'll be selling the car, I've just got a few little loose ends to fix up on her and then she's going on the market.

I won't be leaving the skyline scene however. I have permission to get myself an R32 race car once I get a nice standard family car. Donnan gave me the great idea that R32's are about $8 - $10k and it wouldn't need compliance or insurance to just drive on a track. Bathurst has a race track somewhere, I think it's a pretty well known one, and they have hill climbs all the time and an R32 will be much easier to race than a Stagea. Bathurst is only 2 hours from Goulburn too so it should be easy to get down for open days and such.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me over the past 4 years I've been with SAU, I'll try to make it out in the next few weeks to give the old girl a final send off.

Leshy

ah congrats and also that sucks. Just when you pretty much got the super wagon finished too, so much for that race around wakefield :D

All the best Leshy. We will have to have a big Friday museum meet to say goodbye the mad wagon :)

LESHY NOOOOOOO!!!! :rant:

You will be sorely missed mate, who else will we pay out on for having a Volvo/Nissan???

But seriously, good luck mate and I love the decision to get an R32 (go the 32's!)...

All the best buddy! :ninja:

Lots of love and kisses!

Mick.

Edited by Bullet32

ah congrats and also that sucks. Just when you pretty much got the super wagon finished too, so much for that race around wakefield :)

All the best Leshy. We will have to have a big Friday museum meet to say goodbye the mad wagon :)

Museum goodbye? I reckon piss up, any takers?

(Datto260Z here, thanks for not logging out J!!!)

Edited by sprinterboy

Museum goodbye? I reckon piss up, any takers?

(Datto260Z here, thanks for not logging out J!!!)

I'm with you Scott...

We have around 6 weeks, is there something you would like to do Leshy?

Ah,bugger. Real sorry you'll be going, L. I hope one of 'our own' takes on the Stage'; what a cool car! I wish I had the coin to have it as a runaround! Keep us in the loop of a date for a Friday night deal or whatever,'K?

(P.S. Good to see you've chosen the right path- the might of the 32!!!)

I haven't really thought about it yet. I have a date at least, I'll be leaving town on the 15th of October, so the 12th is the last Friday I'll be here.

I won't be getting a 32 straight away, probably in about 6 months after I've settled down and saved a bit of flash.

If anyone knows anyone who's after a decent Stagea let me know. I've got to do a little electrical work and then she'll be on the market.