SAU Community

Places To Buy A Skyline?

hey,

I'm looking to buy a R32 Gts-t and i'v only basically looked on car sales sites and alittle in the trading post. I'm looking to spend under 10k for something along the lines of this but with alittle less mods i guess.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/NISSAN...csn1564637.aspx

Just wondering is there any other places to buy a skyline that arnt known to the average joe?

One more thing, What year was the best 32 made? Engine and reliability ect.

Thanks.

yeh early R33's are becoming cheaper than R32's..

and they are a better package (if you can look past the looks)

better engine, better gearbox, only 60kg heavier.

but like I said..

Looks.

apart from forums and the sites you've already mentioned, there aren't that many other places to buy/sell cars.

One more thing, What year was the best 32 made? Engine and reliability ect.

Thanks.

the engines are all the same in the 32gtst's...the differences are in the interior. 89 models have blue guages, diff seating trim and a diff type of plastic around the radio console, which looks pretty crappy.

the older models also have RB20 embossed in the cam cover.

also try pik up a Type M gtst...the type M came with 4 piston front callipers and 2 piston rear, and also type M skirts and rear pods.

try and get the newest model with as lil' k's as possible, and very lil' mods. nuthin wrong with pikin up a lightly modified one...just be cautious of ones running high boost on the stock turbo etc...

and remember parts can be tricky and expensive to get for a skyline...so if u find one that needs lil' bits replaced...dont just think, 'np, ill just get that part from the wreckers'. hehe

good luck :unsure:

Edited by 32line

as it says, that car has pretty high km's.

make sure if you were interested that you had a mechanic or someone check it out with comp tests etc.

210,000km doesn't sound too convincing on an rb20 :unsure:

lotsa cars come through here so just keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section :P

ofcourse they can lower the boost...thats why i said just be cautious...get a compression test, check wat other mods they have...chek for aftermarket ecu...etc..

a stock 32 turbo can only take so much power...u dont wana buy a worked 32 runin a stock turbo, then 1 week later it disentegrates.