SAU Community

Blew The Blow Off Valve Off

-BORED-

lol yea it is exactly as the name says

picked up my first skyline took it nice and easy was all good took a few mates for a drive told em na na not yet let me have it for a while before i give it to much

so on the way home i thought well why not ill see what shes like under some boost so changing into 3rd felt like i had lost power? and once i got up it in 3rd i thought wow this is kinda patheic? so i slowed down thought geez it has some power in the lower gears gave it a bit and felt like nothing was going on? so i pull ova pop the bonnet to see if i had popped a pipe off and here i find the blow off valve sitting in my engine bay so as ya do i pushed it back into place and went and gave it a little to see if it still released and it did thank god

its going back to the standard blow off valve now as this one needs welding on and its in a bad palce really noticable position and i dont need the attention rather keep it looking and suonding standard :wave:

lol pritty intense night considering i had only had the car for about 2-3 hours

Josh

hahahaha, i've done that too :) i had to use a bottle cap to secure the hole till i could get home to fix it :S

mine ended up snapping off a bolt :), must been partially worn in the first place to go as bad as it did though

lol i managed to get mine back on and tighten it up enough so i could drive home like a little girl

just wondering:

would the fact that the blow off valve wasn't there and there was just a hole be the reason it wouldn't start or have i got more then one problem?

would have driving with the blow off valve not on my car caused any issues?

Josh

lol i managed to get mine back on and tighten it up enough so i could drive home like a little girl

just wondering:

would the fact that the blow off valve wasn't there and there was just a hole be the reason it wouldn't start or have i got more then one problem?

would have driving with the blow off valve not on my car caused any issues?

Josh

yep, if the bov wasnt there then you would have a massive hole which would create a massive vaccum leak which would make it very hard to run and idle let alone start it.

Drive around with a massive leak like having a missing bov wont do any damage, it will just run like a dog and go through shit loads of fuel.

What type of bov is it and how is it meant to be secured? Is it just hose clamped on?

pfffft, cats are for losers......

there is nothing more fun on a sunday afternoon than taking your cat off your cat, smashing out the insides with a hammer and screwdriver and bolting it back it...

makes a hell of a difference and its hard to notice you have done it :P

GUTTING A CAT

Cat%20gutted%202005.jpg

Edited by Keeper

^^^ OMFG... THATS AWESOME!!!

i hate gutted catalytic convertor threads...

but on topic the engine will run rich and could stuff your cat and might faul your spark plugs too depending on how far you drive it. if its too bad the car will stall at anything over idle if its got too much of a leak like a blown intercooler pipe