SAU Community

Bosch Fuel Pump?

showbizz

044 or 040 will do the job..

044 has a higher flow rating but its generally used as an external pump. Mods (nothing major) can be done to the bracket and pickup filter to made it work internaly.

040 is a pretty straight forward replacement.

Cheers,

Me and another skyliner on here bought a couple Tomei pumps and it was friggin easy to install.. slid right in and comes with o-ring and couple other little bits and has a pickup.. the bosch ones dont. Took about 1 hr to install.

what are the tomei pumps rated at? (hp) looking for something around the 350rwhp-400rwhp mark in tank though so most probably leaning towards the 040 pump.Also where did you get the tomei pump from? how much?

Edited by showbizz

I picked up a new 044 off ebay for $215 delivered, then paid Hyperdrive $220 to fit it. They supplied all the fittings and redid the wiring to the pump :angry:

Edited by bubba

Me and another skyliner on here bought a couple Tomei pumps and it was friggin easy to install.. slid right in and comes with o-ring and couple other little bits and has a pickup.. the bosch ones dont. Took about 1 hr to install.

1 hour and a pint of blood. HaHa, if ur changing the pump urself watch the metal when ur twisting the retaining ring off......and fuel doesnt help cuts either. LoL

the bosch fuel pumps need to have the fittings and brackets modified whereas the tomei ones dont...also alot quieter than the bosch ones to, doesnt sound like bee's inside ur fuel tank. also like ryan said, everything is supplied....plugs straight in....all sweet

cuts and fuel (niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice) haha, yeah i get ya would be easier to install the tomei by sounds of things, if i go with bosch 040 just probably take it in to a workshop to fit it saves me the effort will ring a few workshops later see what the prices are like for fitment.

haha just called up ovaboost they charge $100-$120 to fit the 040 and the pump is $200 so thats still cheaper, but i dont know what the ratings off the tomei 1 are but im sure they are a good pump any ways going with 040 thanks for the input dudes look out for a r33 with a 040 on the street soon LOL just kidding :angry: