SAU Community

Where To Buy Thermo Fan In Bris

stenve

eh?

why would you go else where....

autobarn sell davis craig...and repco sell recpo which is just the davis craig repackaged.

both are fine you just need to get a controller and sensor...i would recommend pivot.

you want cheap - go to any good auto elec and ask for 'oex' brand, good and cheap, davies craig is mid range and spal are top end.

where you located? OEX make EXCELLENT thermo switches which are cheap too, you after electronic switching or mechanical?

im using ICE thermos hehe... works well and use std R32 sensor/switch on rad

u guys do it all the hard way..

K.I.S.S

ICE thermos are made by OEX :wave: there the ones I was talking about hehe good value for money

thanks for the replies guys.

repco wanted to charge me $240 for a 16" straight blade.

supercheap had calibre 16" straight blade for $100

im on the southside so where is a good place to get these oex or ice thermos from? im looking to switch it electronically.

basically my clutch fan is stuffed and im looking at $140 upwards to replace it so was hoping to fit a 16" thermo in the stock shroud for around that price. less if i can.

ive searched and apparently the s shape blades are better which is why i stayed away from the straight ones i dont want to have issues with heat.

thanks alot

im on the southside so where is a good place to get these oex or ice thermos from? im looking to switch it electronically.

basically my clutch fan is stuffed and im looking at $140 upwards to replace it so was hoping to fit a 16" thermo in the stock shroud for around that price. less if i can.

ive searched and apparently the s shape blades are better which is why i stayed away from the straight ones i dont want to have issues with heat.

thanks alot

repco sell the ICE ones but put a horrible markup on it, kinda complicated to explain the ICE/Repco relationship though. PM me with your suburb and i'll tell you where to go :D

ICE thermos are made by OEX :) there the ones I was talking about hehe good value for money

yep.. :)

thanks alot

hmm $140. ill supply and fit a GTST hub fan for $60 interested.. :3some:

thermos are for E-W mounted engines.. and RB silvias :D

definatly could be interested. i just want to get rid of the f**king annoying whirring noise that im pretty sure the clutch fan is making.

i thought it might of been beneficial to go a thermo fan because it lessens the drag on the engine (yeah i know it probably makes bugger all difference.)

been reading mixed reports about going to thermos though.

I just installed a Twin thermo setup in a shroud. A bit of trimming and it's a perfect fit on a stock R33 radiator. A bit more trimming for a close fit Ally 50mm radiator. Came from a late falcoon for $200 from Autobarn (or less on trade). Used an in hose fitting for the 90deg on/80deg off thermal switch.

I just have to get the current draw right. It's pulling more than 30 Amps so fitting a new relay and stepping up to a higher fuse rating tomorrow.

I just installed a Twin thermo setup in a shroud. A bit of trimming and it's a perfect fit on a stock R33 radiator. A bit more trimming for a close fit Ally 50mm radiator. Came from a late falcoon for $200 from Autobarn (or less on trade). Used an in hose fitting for the 90deg on/80deg off thermal switch.

I just have to get the current draw right. It's pulling more than 30 Amps so fitting a new relay and stepping up to a higher fuse rating tomorrow.

I am looking at setting up twin thermo's from an AU in my R33 too, how have they gone in yours so far? have you got any pics of your handy work? was the thermal switch expensive?

im using ICE thermos hehe... works well and use std R32 sensor/switch on rad

u guys do it all the hard way..

K.I.S.S

the over temp switch in the r32 rad come on tooo late (90.c) but if u buy a temp switch of a mitubishi lancer/marage /magna (tridon part no TFS141 for around $30 which is a bolt in replacement and it comes on around 83.c

i use these all the time when i do rb conversions into silvias with 1x14in and 1x12in thermo fans on a r32 rad and never had any over heatin issues

well pm me mate.

may do cheaper.. lol

not much diff in going thermo. ull find it will prob over heat. and ull find that ur batt alternator has more load now. so ur car will load up more to charge. yay

cool thanks man, probably send a pm your way in the next couple of days.

as long as that annoying sound is gone at the end of it i'll be a happy camper

cheers

you want cheap - go to any good auto elec and ask for 'oex' brand, good and cheap, davies craig is mid range and spal are top end.

Does anyone know where I can you get the spal fan in QLD or SA?

the over temp switch in the r32 rad come on tooo late (90.c) but if u buy a temp switch of a mitubishi lancer/marage /magna (tridon part no TFS141 for around $30 which is a bolt in replacement and it comes on around 83.c

i use these all the time when i do rb conversions into silvias with 1x14in and 1x12in thermo fans on a r32 rad and never had any over heatin issues

ohh cheers for that mate. ill keep that in mind. havent had an issue with the RB sil yet. its actually been more reliable than my older cars. ill look into switchin it next time i do one.

yeah, clutch fans are way more efficient at cooling the engine... get marki to check it out he's awsome at wat he does

thanks brenton.

hey u wanna come watch at the strip on wednesday night ill send ya a SMS.