SAU Community

New Member ---- Buying R34 Interstate..

PREISS

Gday. new to this site.

seen it before, looks good so i signed up.

selling my r33 and buying a R34 from sydney.

however the car is heavily modified.

it actually has a SR20 with 270kw at the wheels.

engine rebuilt.

Ive asked every question to the seller.

I keep getting told he has MOD plates for all engine mods.

for the engine, gearbox upgrade, etc etc etc. everything.

All sounds too good to be true.

does anyone know if the laws in NSW are the same as here>? do the NSW mod plates

stand a chance here.

I was told when u bring a car from interstate they dont do a inspection. just check the engine numbers etc. still alittle scared as the car isnt cheap and dont want to waste the money.

any help at all would be great.

Also the wheels coming on the car are 18x10.5 front. 18x11.5 rear. very illegal. not even worth trying to get through Regency ?

post-45384-1197371278_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you gonna use it as a streeter?

sure will be.

expecting random cop pullovers daily.

as long as its all modded right it should be right.

thats what Im mainly asking in this topic. and help

I was told when u bring a car from interstate they dont do a inspection. just check the engine numbers etc. still alittle scared as the car isnt cheap and dont want to waste the money.

Technically it's not an inspection, i had no problems going to regency with my victorian r34.. they just checked the engine number. If you've got an SR20 i'm not sure how they would check the engine number against your vin.

But however, if something is obviously defectable then they'll deny you registration in sa. As what they did with my bosses bog stock saab he brought from nsw.. that had too dark a tint, they handed him a razor and told him to take it off on the spot.

btw, beautiful car i must say! Best of luck getting it here.

It is still a form of regency inspection, they just dont check engine numbers.

They will check for illegal mods, window tint, leaks around the engine, if it is too low.

So you will need the car to have a low mount turbo and if it is aftermarket you will need it to be heat shielded and not obviously aftermarket.

You just want have everything looking fairly stock and you should be fine to get through the inspection as they are just looking for blatantly obvious stuff.

Technically it's not an inspection, i had no problems going to regency with my victorian r34.. they just checked the engine number. If you've got an SR20 i'm not sure how they would check the engine number against your vin.

But however, if something is obviously defectable then they'll ask you deny you registration in sa. As what they did with my bosses bog stock saab he brought from nsw.. that had too dark a tint, they handed him a razor and told him to take it off on the spot.

btw, beautiful car i must say! Best of luck getting it here.

Yep. I was very worried about the whole SR20 conversion.

However he said he has full certificates for the engine swap.

So much hassle getting a car I want. Will be worth it in the end, though.

Gday. new to this site.

seen it before, looks good so i signed up.

selling my r33 and buying a R34 from sydney.

however the car is heavily modified.

it actually has a SR20 with 270kw at the wheels.

engine rebuilt.

Ive asked every question to the seller.

I keep getting told he has MOD plates for all engine mods.

for the engine, gearbox upgrade, etc etc etc. everything.

All sounds too good to be true.

does anyone know if the laws in NSW are the same as here>? do the NSW mod plates

stand a chance here.

any help at all would be great.

Also the wheels coming on the car are 18x10.5 front. 18x11.5 rear. very illegal. not even worth trying to get through Regency ?

Correct its a Tier 2 identity inspection (VIN & Eng No inspection) but,.............with obvious stand outs like protruding wheels, dark tint, cut front bar and possibly too low, (and who knows what it looks like under the hood) they may refer you for a Tier 3 identity inspection or worse still a Roadworthy inspection.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...inspections.asp

It is still a form of regency inspection, they just dont check engine numbers.

They will check for illegal mods, window tint, leaks around the engine, if it is too low.

So you will need the car to have a low mount turbo and if it is aftermarket you will need it to be heat shielded and not obviously aftermarket.

You just want have everything looking fairly stock and you should be fine to get through the inspection as they are just looking for blatantly obvious stuff.

I understand with all the mods etc . Ive been to Regency before with previous cars.

What im trying to get to is if the obvious big engine mods pass with MOD plates and certificates that wouldnt pass without the mod plates and certificates.

the engine bay looks pretty extreme.

post-45384-1197374699_thumb.jpg

If the seller is that confident that it will pass Regency.......get hime to put something in writing and sign it so you can get your money back. Otherwise you may be left with a car thats only good for parts.

Sorry mate it wouldn't last 2 seconds anywhere near Regency, nor any cop. You would spend your whole life defected and end up selling the car dejected. The validity of engineering certificates is iffy too - depends what mood the inspector is in. IMHO you are asking for MAJOR trouble. Surely the aftermarket turbo and ECU can't be engineered, and cops here are now trained how to spot non-standard turbo setups etc etc. Don't even consider taking those wheels anywhere on SA roads - the offset is clearly crazy Jap style, and won't last even 2 seconds in front of any cop, let alone Regency.

Above and beyond everything else, why the hell would anyone put an SR20 in an R34? Shame, shame, blasphemy, shame :banana: