SAU Community

Just Venting Frustration

gcg7861

I know i shouldn't really be complaining..... but i just wanted to vent my frustration at the ignorance i saw

I parked my Car in a No Stopping Zone the day before christmas.... :) , i know i shouldn't have and deserved the fine, but i wasn't going to be long, and i parked it safely. . i.e. no blind spots etc..

Next to me parked on a Kerb at a Roundabout was a Toyota Camry, with half of the front left corner on the road. (In a roundabout mind you)

Across the Road were 3 cars also parked in a no stopping zone....

And there i am, watching a policeman come up... He looks around the whole area.... goes in the car pulls out a book

Lo and behold, seees a white skyline, walks up, books me for $185, looks at everyone elses cars, and drives off. :D

it is my fault for being an idiot to park there, but it wasn't the fine that pissed me off,

more the fact that there were atleast 5 cars parked wrongfully and 2 parked dangerously.... :D

Can you be selectively booked like that? and let everybody else go? without even paying the slightest attention?

not fairrrr :-S

:(

Am not sure if cops can give out tickets at unattended cars which are illegally parked like the rangers do. I guess your just at the wrong place at the wrong time & being in the car i guess thats instant fine :S

Yeh not fair at all mate & driving an import doesnt help either :(

Edited by GTL05T

Hey things happen, same thing happened to me, i was in my car no stopping in city 'hungry mile' trying to get a dvd to play my car is still running as well, another vl parked close, parked and standing outside his car, cop pulls up, tells the vl to get out of here, comes to my skyline, gets his book out and starts writing so i just drive off, fine comes in the mail...

Oh and cops can give out tickets at unattended cars which are illegally parked.

just curious, why didn't you confront the cop when you saw him?

I would find him and call him and tell him that I totally accept the ticket but that his behaviour was very bad form and gives all cops a bad rep. Probably wont do anything but if you are polite enough and come across just right you just might have educated someone.

wish i put down his details n all.... I'm still kinda fuming until now

i didn't really confront him, to tell you the truth, its because this is my first car, and first experience on the wrong side of the law.

i've never been fined before... plus my friend said, who cares its a $77 parking fine... so i didnt really care at the time, until i saw other cars parked wrongfully and him disregarding them totally. then copping $185 :down:

how can you track down a cop and talk to them?

ANOTHER THING i'd like to bring up... LOL... is the governments campaign on stopping young drivers from speeding.. giving them the pinky etc.

I turned onto the highway... and was traveling around 70 ish... a lady came flying past me in a volvo going atleast 90-100 and her daughter was giving me the pinky... LOL

i thought it was hilarious... n told them to slow it down, at the lights n returned the gesture.. but seriously,, WTF.

the experiences of driving an import :)

Well get this.. Im the city after 12pm on friday night.. driving imports and a m3...

First time parking down at the rocks.. we note its rear to curb so we U turn and rear to curb.. happened to miss the no parking after 12pm.. cops watching us do the whole thing and then park us in by driving their car infront of ours preventing us from moving and taking photos of the vehicle.

all the other cars had been untouched and they did not have a slight concern for these people. I asked if they would be fined and they said "yeah sure"

Anyways i was to busy trying to pick the chick cop up.. my mate was going nuts at her.. anyways my mate lost his rego for not paying..

so hows that for selective..

last wp, stopped they jumeek i pulled up at work to puck someone uped in the car and i went to drive off, max 30secs total

parking inspector walks past and takes a pic of the car and keeps walking, i get out and asked what he was doing and he said he was booking me for double parking.

i called him every name under the sun, as i started to walk closer he just turned around and kept walking quickly, lol.

30 seconds stop to pick someone up in an empty street!

thats just plain low life, for him to think that fine is just he either has a very bad life and i feel sorry for him or he is brainwashed to the extent that he thinks its deserved, pretty sure the fine is over $200 still waiting for it in the mail

Well get this.. Im the city after 12pm on friday night.. driving imports and a m3...

First time parking down at the rocks.. we note its rear to curb so we U turn and rear to curb.. happened to miss the no parking after 12pm.. cops watching us do the whole thing and then park us in by driving their car infront of ours preventing us from moving and taking photos of the vehicle.

all the other cars had been untouched and they did not have a slight concern for these people. I asked if they would be fined and they said "yeah sure"

Anyways i was to busy trying to pick the chick cop up.. my mate was going nuts at her.. anyways my mate lost his rego for not paying..

so hows that for selective..

mannnn, thats harsh....

I guess i'm going to be up for a lot different encounters (Legal of course) with the popo as i haven't been driving my car for long or much.

Buuuut, its all definately worth it, to own a skyline.. :thumbsup:

Yea one of the disadvantages of driving a skyline,

just a suggestion if you ever get pulled up or anything like that make sure you record it on your phone or something, some times cops are just plain unfair and from experience recorded evidence can get you out of alot of trouble.

Now from the other side of the fence.....

Imagine driving a delivery truck, you have it stacked to the brim so full that you had to leave stuff behind, their are only a certain amount of hours in the day to get your work done and you have to be at certain places at certain times to pick stuff up whilst also delivering a few hundred other items along the way. You approach a "loading zone" clearly marked by both signs and painted white lines on the road (and also A-Frame signs) so that you can offload 20 tv's or a dozen drum and guitar sets weighing a few tonne.

Now some old bitch in her X5 decides that she needs to go do her banking, then grab a coffee and a newspaper and that loading zone is empty and has easy access to everything so that is where they park for 30mins instead of 200m around the corner in a parking lot and walking it.

Don't cry when a delivery truck parks so close to your front/rear bumper that you cant get out of that parking spot for an hour because it's probably me and I aint moving my truck until im finished. I've done this to many fools in my area and just as they are about to start abusing me they realise they are in the wrong and I just look at them and smile.

On a lighter note, earlier in the year I seen an old bloke in his Nissan Patrol trying to squeeze into a parking spot (he was about 1m too long for the spot) so he decided to rest his bullbar up against the spare tyre on the back of the Nissan Patrol infront of him squeezing the tyre in, the funny thing was it was a police Nissan Patrol :banana:

Yea True, i think i will record it from now.

Have you done this before? wouldn't the police man get offended and harrass you if you have a mobile phone in front of him, recording what he says??

--- I think you did good, if non-import car drivers can get away with things like that they deserve that treatment. :D . Park them in every chance you get :)

I turned onto the highway... and was traveling around 70 ish... a lady came flying past me in a volvo going atleast 90-100 and her daughter was giving me the pinky... LOL

should have whipped it out at the lights and showed her how wrong she was!

Yea True, i think i will record it from now.

Have you done this before? wouldn't the police man get offended and harrass you if you have a mobile phone in front of him, recording what he says??

--- I think you did good, if non-import car drivers can get away with things like that they deserve that treatment. :) . Park them in every chance you get :blink:

im pretty sure that although everyone says to do this, its illegal, because you are recording someone without their consent. you can only do that if you are the feds/cops

I'm sure if you told the cop you're going to record the conversation he'd wise up a bit. I doubt it would be illegal once you told them you're going to be recording. I wouldn't hide the recording device, it's definately a good way to get yourself in unnecessary trouble.

I highly doubt an officer would give you permission to record.

Did you know that when a highway patrol car turns its lights/sirens on an onboard computer automatically records video, sound and vehicle data (speed, braking etc), it also grabs the previous 30sec before the lights were switched on. So next time you get pulled over for an RBT or let off on a ticket go to that officers police office the following day and request the dvd and watch it back to see what really happened.

I highly doubt an officer would give you permission to record.

Did you know that when a highway patrol car turns its lights/sirens on an onboard computer automatically records video, sound and vehicle data (speed, braking etc), it also grabs the previous 30sec before the lights were switched on. So next time you get pulled over for an RBT or let off on a ticket go to that officers police office the following day and request the dvd and watch it back to see what really happened.

Is it easy to request the DVD (without massive fees and charges)? and would it also record what the police officer does once he is out of the car interrogating?

:) would be a good way to get out of a nice spot of trouble.

i was doing 59-60 on anzac bridge (60 zone) the other day in a supra, and at least 20 cars flew past me doing at least 80. where the f**k were the cops?

i lost my license there in '06, but everytime i go on that f**king bridge doing the speed limit since then, ppl fly past me well over the speed limit, and there's no cops pulling them over.

now i just stay at 60 and swerve around in my lane. i noticed no one comes near me. In NSW, as long as u're under the speed limit, u can drive like a cock sucker. That's what i'm going to do from now on. Pay back to all the f**kwits on the road.

I wish licensing was f**king hard and f**king expensive. This way the stupid f**king morons on the road would cease to exist. ie $2000 minimum for license including strict defensive driving courses, and advanced driving courses.

random story regarding anzac bridge: the other night i was leaving the city via anzac bridge, and this dipshit in a white alfa 147 starts tailgating me. so i brake tested mr. f**kface, he skidded and then slowed down to around 40 and kept a massive distance to the point where he just disappeared.

i was doing 59-60 on anzac bridge (60 zone) the other day in a supra, and at least 20 cars flew past me doing at least 80. where the f**k were the cops?

i lost my license there in '06, but everytime i go on that f**king bridge doing the speed limit since then, ppl fly past me well over the speed limit, and there's no cops pulling them over.

now i just stay at 60 and swerve around in my lane. i noticed no one comes near me. In NSW, as long as u're under the speed limit, u can drive like a cock sucker. That's what i'm going to do from now on. Pay back to all the f**kwits on the road.

I wish licensing was f**king hard and f**king expensive. This way the stupid f**king morons on the road would cease to exist. ie $2000 minimum for license including strict defensive driving courses, and advanced driving courses.

random story regarding anzac bridge: the other night i was leaving the city via anzac bridge, and this dipshit in a white alfa 147 starts tailgating me. so i brake tested mr. f**kface, he skidded and then slowed down to around 40 and kept a massive distance to the point where he just disappeared.

Fair enough.

You also don't see the police targeting speeding mums in there Four wheel drives, who charge through the school zones at 60kmh. :)

Is it easy to request the DVD (without massive fees and charges)? and would it also record what the police officer does once he is out of the car interrogating?

>_< would be a good way to get out of a nice spot of trouble.

From what I have been told by a reliable source that plays in hwy patrol cars all day is that the dvd's are free. I also believe that all hwy patrol officers are wired up with a mic so it would record whatever they say along with the camera pointing out the front and rear windows at you.