SAU Community

Blitz Lm Almost Fitted

Hey all,

I've pretty much finished mounting my blitz lm fmic on a S1 R33. but i just wanted to confirm a couple things with some people who have also done this install.

Am i correct in saying the 2 smallest bolts supplied are not needed (used only for R34) i think they are an M6 x 8mm

And am i also correct in saying that no nut and bolt is supplied to attach the bracket that helps support the cross pipe that runs under the cooler? (coz i certainly didn't and nothing on the checklist in the manual seems to indicate this either)

Thanks

Camden

Hey guys im in the process of getting one! please tell me how it goes! Thanks.

Also where did you buy it from? im after one.. does it come with instructions?

Geraus.

Edited by geraus

did you have to cut anthing apart from the plastic on the front bar?

i dunno if its worth an extra 1000bux to me instead of a cheap cooling pro one that req's a hole to be cut

you do need to cut a bit on each side of the bottom of the reo. Your almost making the back of ur reo run in a straight line instead of a curve. I haven't done any mods to the reo yet as im grabbing a second hand one to mod and keeping my original as a spare.

as for cooler choice, each to there own really. Im more of a fan of the turn pipe concept than cutting a hole in ur bay to have a pipe weave its way across ur engine bay which has two major problems.

1. with most the cheap kits u require cutting ur fan blades to fit the cross pipe. this can unweight ur fan and believe it or not will impact its air flow

2. ur running a huge surface area of pipe on top of a hot engine. the whole point is to keep air temp lower.

as for price its not another $1000 on top of a cheap kit.. i go my whole kit landed in melbourne for $950

Hey guys im in the process of getting one! please tell me how it goes! Thanks.

Also where did you buy it from? im after one.. does it come with instructions?

Geraus.

im lead to believe if u get it off a blitz australia retailer like autobarn u do get an english translated manual but u will pay about $1400 for the privelage (possibly more)

i bought mine off nengun for $950. just need to pick the right time to purchase internationally as the price will change week to week on nengun. (sometimes day to day)

u dont really need a manual tho. they do supplied pictures even if the captions are in japanese. and there are so few parts its pretty hard to get it wrong.

i spend way more time getting the front bar and reo off. but ull have to work that out no matter what kit you get.

i've seen it at autobarn for almost 1500

http://www.nengun.com/blitz/lm-intercooler is this the one? the name is correct but the image thumbnail is different.

There are the arc ones which have return flow and are good too

Yeah dude thats the right one. Not every Blitz LM is a return pipe design. It depends on the car. They are just all designed to use stock piping and on some vehicles that allows for it to be a straight through cooler.

I think if you goto the blitz UK site there are pictures for most models. the Blitz Australia site im pretty sure had the 33 design pictured too.

The ARC is also an excellent cooler but is slightly more expensive than the blitz.

Hey Moobaque, How long did it take from Nengun to get your cooler?

In melbourne cops dont like having holes in coolers... that means structual damage on your car. So ive made my decesion to get the blitz LM..

Please post up the pics... >_< Thanks

Geraus.

if u dont go thru nengun go thru zac@ slidewize hes in the business section on these forums i found him to be more helpfull then nengun who never reply to your emails and take ageees!

goodluck neways they are great coolers and yes u dont need the english instructions its pretty easy to do and the pics are helpfull!

i have one of these coolers on my 32 and have never had a problem i got it 4 $1000 a bit over a year n a half ago! so that was v cheap back then!!

gl!

if u dont go thru nengun go thru zac@ slidewize hes in the business section on these forums i found him to be more helpfull then nengun who never reply to your emails and take ageees!

goodluck neways they are great coolers and yes u dont need the english instructions its pretty easy to do and the pics are helpfull!

i have one of these coolers on my 32 and have never had a problem i got it 4 $1000 a bit over a year n a half ago! so that was v cheap back then!!

gl!

i've placed 5 separate orders through nengun over the past 12months and have always got my delivery within 2-3 weeks which to me is quite exceptable from an importation company. When i purchased my defi guages and controller i think they arrived within 10days! they have always replied to my emails within 1-2 days. But yes i have heard that some people have been left waiting for long periods of time. I guess its up to how soon some people may require parts. But i can say they are a respectable company.

Just a little update for people whom are interested.

I started cutting up my series 1 m-spec front bar to fit around the cooler today and it has required a whole lot more modding than i expected (but have enjoyed the challenge..my hands haven't tho)

Its really not hard but is hella time consuming. Ive certainly noticed that most pictures that have been posted of this cooler have been of people with series 2 vehicles which because of its design (and indicator placement) is prolly a heap easy than a series 1.

once again i have been taking photos and will post up all that i have had to mod in more detail in the near future.

I wont be cutting the reo until next week when i pick up a second hand one. going to keep my original reo in the event of defect!

cheers

Camden

The blitz LM cooler is a great cooler. The installation is straight forward and instructions are not really needed. There is only one thing i don't like about it, the weld on the inlet pipe bend that is visible through the S2 front bar. I am using the cooler with hks 2530 turbo and has great response. You cant beat Nengun for price, i find there tracking service excellent.

I installed a Blitz LM awhile ago on my S1, great cooler. The most modifing I had to do was to my Tommy Kaira front bar otherwise it was a fairly straight fit.

I got my Blitz LM from Autobarn as I talked to the boss and offered cash that evening, from memory I got it for $1100 or $1050 I forget exactly, I was happy with the price to get it straight away.

I installed a Blitz LM awhile ago on my S1, great cooler. The most modifing I had to do was to my Tommy Kaira front bar otherwise it was a fairly straight fit.

I got my Blitz LM from Autobarn as I talked to the boss and offered cash that evening, from memory I got it for $1100 or $1050 I forget exactly, I was happy with the price to get it straight away.

Having an aftermarket front bar would make all the deference on an s1.. otherwise behind the bar they are almost identical between s1 and s2 (with the exception of reo design). I don't think there are many bars out there that compliment the s1 very well unless u change the whole kit so i'm quite keen to mod my original. I could be wrong but i also recon its heaps easier trimming a plastic bumper than a fibreglass one.

I haven't had to modify anything else in the car to make the cooler fit (not sure why some people say they had to relocate there horns too?!?) but i have chosen to cut a section of my reo so that i have a bigger opening for the cooler. but i don't have to do that to make it fit. I'm not familiar with the Tommy Kaira front bar, but like almost every aftermarket front bar im sure it has a relatively large cooler opening already meaning the reo would have already been modded to suit it properly.

Im kind of curious about this bar tho? could you post up a pic of your car?

Cheers

Camden