SAU Community

R32 Cat Converter

TAS_SINFUL

hey guys im just changing the stock cat on my GTR to a new x-force piece.

just wondering is there any difference between a cat for BNR32 and HCR32.?

the new cat i have looks exactly the same and fits on perfect, however the exhaust temp sensor hole on the new cat is up the other end (of the cat) to what the one on the stock location is, and my sensor wire//cord does not reach the hole to screw in..

now the cat does have a flow direction indicator on it which i have installed so as the arrow (for direction of air flow) points to the rear of the car.

have i goosed something up and put it on the wrong way or is this cat i have actually for a HCR32 model.?

cheers.!

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought 32Gtr and 32Gtst cats were the same because it is very common for people with a gtst to install the gtr cat. A possibility is to not run the sensor at all. The sensor does not effect how your engine runs in any way. However it does let you know if your exhuast starts to overheat which i have never heard of happening.

I do know 100% that your correct in saying the arrow on your cat is pointing in the same direction as the exhaust flow.

Um, isnt that the O2 sensor? If it is, you do kinda need that!! And the GTS-T and GT-R cats are completely different, the GT-R cat is the best you can get, better than most aftermarket cats, which is why they are so expensive. If you find one, buy it!! Can you extend the wires by cutting them and soldering a new section to them? Make sure the solder is of decent quality and covered. Otherwise, gut the cat and weld a pipe through the centre. I would never do it, but you might get an extra 3kw!

Ok its definitly not an 02 sensor. If it was an O2 sensor why would they put if after the cat??????? (cat removes unburnt fuel & cat sensors unburnt fuel)

I am 99% sure its a heat sensor.

Ohh and when i ment they were the same. They are interchangable, the gtr cat is obviously better.

Pretty sure you can't solder the wires either because the sensor/wires get that hot it would melt the solder off again.

I'd say ditch the sensor.

Edited by FOG35