SAU Community

Feedback Through Speakers =( Also Making Battery Flat?

fighterjet33

I Have a Panasonic Head Unit, two amps, two subs, blah blah blah, jis recently i have been getting feedback through speaker (buzzing sound up n down with throttle) also if i leave face plate in my battery will go flat!

Does any one have any ideas why this occuring and what i might do to fix it?

Thnank-you

I Have a Panasonic Head Unit, two amps, two subs, blah blah blah, jis recently i have been getting feedback through speaker (buzzing sound up n down with throttle) also if i leave face plate in my battery will go flat!

Does any one have any ideas why this occuring and what i might do to fix it?

Thnank-you

2 Questions

1. What quality are ur signal cables?

2. Where abouts does ur cabling run

Hey Jay,

Thanx for the responce, obviously an auto elec has put it together, the cables look fairly desent, however there is a fair bit of a mess in the upper back right of ther boot (cables leading into the back seat from boot) and another factor could be the battery acid which seems to have corroded areas, also bit of residue on amp plugs.

You seem to think its obviously a problem with my leads, and i dare say it must be in the boot being the only exposed cables, what do u suggest?

Thankyou

Hey Jay,

Thanx for the responce, obviously an auto elec has put it together, the cables look fairly desent, however there is a fair bit of a mess in the upper back right of ther boot (cables leading into the back seat from boot) and another factor could be the battery acid which seems to have corroded areas, also bit of residue on amp plugs.

You seem to think its obviously a problem with my leads, and i dare say it must be in the boot being the only exposed cables, what do u suggest?

Thankyou

Hey mate

Your autoelect has probably gotten lazy and wired the signal and power cables right next to eachother without a noise filter.

The best way would be rewire them at least 30cm away from eachother. But it's easier to install a noise filter on all your power cables, this is the quickest but also priciest way, you will need to make sure the noise filter has the same or a larger power handling than the maximum consumption of your amp.

The exposed wires in the boot should be no hassle and the battery acid should only be a problem if it's corroding any of your wires.

Hope that helps!

Cheers mate,

I think your probably got it solved, sounds like a job for the weekend though, I'll let you know how it goes. Much appreciated.

Thanks again!

is you head unit on when you turn your car off?

means ur HU is not wired up properly. the acc wire is hooked up to the positive.

feed back though the speakers can be billions of things (i had this issue before)

*power cables and speaker cables running near eachother

*Alternator issues

*head unit problems (which was my issue in my civic)

have fun mate :P

im not sure about speaker wiring... but this may be help to anyone who has had wiring done...

the reason you must seperate your power cables and your speaker cables is due to magnetism... when a wire has current flowing thru it (power cable), the current running thru the cable generates a magnetic field... this magnetic field "induces" current into the speaker wires which obviously carry the sound current... the hissing/interference noise is that magnetic field interferring (inducing curent) with the sound signals going from the amp to the speakers... this is same problem as running data cabling next to power cables for socket outlets... the magnetic field disturbs the data signals between computer and you have all sorts of problems... this is generally overcome by "screening" or "shielding"... im not sure if you can get audio cabling that has this built into it aswell...

hope this answer any questions as to why you must seperate your power cables from just about anything else...

:O