SAU Community

Traction Control Modification

Hey every body,

so i have had my R34gtt for just under a year now and ever since i have had it, it has had the TCS fuse out of it. so i fianly thought i wonder what its like to drive with traction. its a Totaly differnt car................................................. boring you could say, but i can see it being good in winter.

so i'm playing around on "private property" and droped the clutch at 5k rpm and stalled the car. Now from what i can see the computer that control's it seems a little too over sensitive.

Has any 1 ever thought of trimming the TCS butterfly so that when it trys to shut down the car it can only shut off say 80-90% of the air flow. that way i could drop the clutch at 4k at the drags and it would take off with out spinning to 7k but not stall either.

my theory is that aslong as the TCS butterfly is creating some form of resistance in the intake it is working, but not quite as much as stock standard.

Now i just wait for some 1 to say dahhhhhhhhhhh try the search butten. (which i did)

regards

Chris

Hey well since no 1 replyed to tell me I'm an Idiot i thought i would have a fiddle. so i removed the traction control butterfly. and ground into the top and bottom about 7 - 8 mm so that it looked like this post-21501-1202477127_thumb.jpg

i was gonna take a picture of it when it was finished but it seems to be awsome currently. i can drop the clutch at any rev and it lets the car spin up to about 3k soo realy for me its perfect revs for launching it. i hope this may help some 1 else out. feels totaly different to drive with TCS on now, more fun but not on edge like when its turned off.

regards

chris

I think you should just turn the traction control off and learn how to drive properly! The TCS on the R34's is really too unsophisticated to be of any use for racing purposes. It is good for when you want to let your girlfreind drive the car when its raining though. Actually it can be quite fun using it in the rain.

hey, yeah i know being a better driver would be even better buttttttttttttttttttttttttt I'm not lol. all i wanted was the the Traction control to be like 80% effective not 100% just enough to get the wheels to squeel but not light up. you can still feel the power dropping off but its got alot more response getting off the mark.

in cartmans words " IN THE GHETTO"

REGARDS

CHRIS

Hello, i took my car to the QUIT MOTORPLEX and did a few runs. it was just way tooo hot realy. but what i found was if dropped the cluth at 3k and then stomped on the throttle i was getting damn good launchs nearly every time. too low and it would bog tooo high and the traction controll would have a fit like normal but 3-3.5krpm seemed good. now i just gotta figure out why it axle tramps sooo bad.

regards

chris

p.s go the fastest ghetto duel fueled skyline in perth

Edited by urtwhistle