SAU Community

Petrol In Sydney

JUN`R32

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrol brand aint so important.. If you are tuned on V power or vortex or 2000 then if you use BP it wont matter, Its pretty obvious BP has hell high quality octane in it as on a stock car it made my engine not burn it correctly and back fire.. If anything u tune on another fuel and then use BP.. It still makes the car feel shit tho.. Its as if it does not burn.

Works fine when the engine is quite warm tho..

Should clarify..

The tune you get on a paritucular fuel gives you, depending on what you ask for: Good KM vrs Fuel consumption or Fuel for Power.. Vortex is actually rated the best Power giving petrol.. But I find it burns very quickly

Edited by DECIM8

Mine has a standard ECU... and for those with aftermarket, yes it is normally better obviously...

Doof, i got std ecu but do run a safc....treat it like an aftermarket?

Safc is included in aftermarket.. Its using fuel/airflow mixtures to get the best power or km depending on your tune... Id say doof has one too.

Good thing about stock ecu.. When you put new fuel in it adjusts for that fuel to try give best mixtures.. But we all know the ecu sux at that. Safc is tuned on a particular fuel its not so much an issue tho.. A standalone tune is actually tuned to prevent knock but give power so its more important.

Just get a knocklite if you run a safc and it will help or dyno it with diff fuels.. lol

Edited by DECIM8

See now if you have ever met me and seen my car you would know that I DON'T have an SAFC :)

I don't have shit... I had planned to skip all that and buy a new ECU outright... this plan started at the dawn of Apexi cancelling their PFCs... and then the prices went up...

The SAFC tricks the ECU to change the fuel and airflow mix like Nath said... It won't make a massive massive difference, but it would be best to stick with what it was tuned in, cause it was custom tuned for that type of fuel...

I've come to realise that V Power Racing burns REALLY fast too... I was pretty much at 100kms before this optishit started dropping off full... I'll check when I go home, cause that's pretty nuts...

ahhh crap i have to fill up today im at work atm hopefully they have bp ulitimate or i wont be able to get home :banana: or t least premium.... if worse comes to worse have to use normal unleaded is this very bad?????

ahhh crap i have to fill up today im at work atm hopefully they have bp ulitimate or i wont be able to get home :banana: or t least premium.... if worse comes to worse have to use normal unleaded is this very bad?????

Don't use anything less then 95 ron...

Daughterboard hey... sounds intriguing :ermm:

my work has been running out of ultimate on some tanks but not others and we always have premium.. the government took the rebate off petrol which is why its 13c more then regular unleaded not 11c.. I've heard a rumour that BP has been running out because they dont have their own depot (could possibly be only in newcastle) and we share shells depot and they're giving us trouble lol ... I'm not sure if thats 100% why they're running out but its definatly a reason..

I have heaps of skyline owners come in and used regular ethanol unleaded in their cars lol I cringe of course but couldnt be too bad for it in an emergency

I get it all the time at work too, tools going psycho at me for stuff thats completely out of my hands when the suppliers / manufacturers of the product are the ones responsible / at fault.

Edited by Dave69001

i just filled up with BP ultimate. every pump was working, and price was 1.45.? which is pretty cheap. also drove past another BP and they had ultimate too.

so whats all the fuss?

yeah thats cheap

i paid 1.51 for mine other day :banana:

yeah paid 151.9 the other day for BP at wetherill.

no v-power for ages at wetherill shell.

not sure if theyve refilled yet or not.

guy at the counter said they're doing some refinery work.

There is BP ultimate available at Gymea BP...

But i know what u mean... a mate and i drove around for ages yesterday tryin to get fuel

Must of restocked. I tried last week and they had shit all...

had to pour a lil bit of that crappy ethanol addative petrol from shell :S :S

what's crappy about it?

you get slightly better economy on it, it's 3c per litre cheaper than normal petrol and it has the same octane rating as premium unleaded

so that'll be win/win/win then