SAU Community

Re-attaching Badges

Hey all, I need to reattach a badge back onto my the car... Searched up and most people recommend double sided tape? But doesn't that make the badge easily removable? What's the stuff that holds the stock badges in place? Also, I may want to remove the badge later to attach to another bonnet, so is there any adhesive that is relatively sturdy yet is removable (without damaging the badge)? Cheers.

I have found that if you want to put them on 'PERMANRNTLY' then clean the area and use Mirror adhesion liquid nails.

It is used to stick mirrors to anything and on the back of mirrors there is little chance for anything else to adhere to.

I wanted different badges on my daily driver which unfortunately is a commodore so I bought belt buckles from City beach, ground off the shackle on the back of it with a rotary tool and glued it on with the Mirror Liquid nails. 2 years later they are still on there and are definately not coming off without a hammer and chisel of some sort.

YAYA

There's a new product called 3M invisible adhesive gel or something... they look like guey little drops of gel or glue - although they stick on nicely, they actually do not damange your paint work... so yeah... pretty good... go to Autobarn and give them a shot or something.

Cheers,